Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Sun dried tomatoes …wow!
  • badgerbater
    Free Member

I’m sure I’ve had them before, but it’s as if I was discovering them for the first time. The flavour is so intense! All I can say is wow! Anyone else been blown away by some new cuisine lately?

Blackhound

A homemade version of the above courtesy of Nigella. Half a number of cherry tomatoes into an oven proof dish and sprinkle over some salt, sugar, thyme and olive oil. Turn oven to maximum and when temp has been reached put the tomatoes in the oven and turn the oven off straight away. Leave overnight and the tomatoes are lovely in sandwiches, pasta or salads.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Beetroot.

jamj1974

Yep. Roast Beetroot for me too. Also olives… How did I spend my first 20 years without olives!

jekkyl

the sun dried toms from the co-op covered in oil are delish.

badgerbater
    Free Member

Yes, these were in oil, from Sainsburys. Just finished the last one with a salad. Wonderful!

zippykona

I absolutely hate tomatoes but I also love sundried ones.

allymcmurdo
    Free Member

Semi-dried tomatoes for me. With mozzarella.

jamj1974

Yep. Semi-dried are lush.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Sun dried toms I shove in loads of things. Like olives. Or chillies 😀

Pasta dishes, salads (or pasta salads), pizza, sandwiches, even in toad in the hole.

A favourite baguette I ask for is chicken mayo* with rocket and sun dried tomatoes.

* – not chicken and dollop of mayo, but the kind where it’s chicken & mayo sauce (sometimes mustard mayo).

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Dried porcini mushrooms go in any almost stock I do these days.

cheese@4p

Sun dried with rocket and parmesan shavings

thomthumb
    Free Member

welcome to the 90s

wallop

The sainsburys ones in oil are ah-maaaaaaazing

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

All that anti pasti stuff is lovely, I could happily live on it if I wasn’t trying to lose weight. My walking trail snacks are usually Mini Bruschetta with salami/dried ham, olives, mozzarella etc (bit OTT for MTB food). Love pasta with olives, sun dried toms, artichoke hearts, basil leaves, big flakes of parimagiano reggiano. Also, ciabatta (or that other italian bread, can’t recall it’s name) with pesto, mozzarella, parma ham, sun dried toms and king size prawns. often use pesto rather than butter/marg

jambalaya
    Free Member

Oh yes. The good news is there are so many varieties / brands / sources to try so get cracking 🙂

mrsfry
    Free Member

This has got to be the sickest thread STW has ever had the audacity to keep up

Think of the blinking children!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Ah yes but Sun Blushed ™ is truly where it is at.

rOcKeTdOg

My SiL & FiL (40&64) had never paired cheese & beetroot in a sandwich before last year, they were amazed at the taste, I was incredulous

mildbore

My fave is to make a cab attached type bread with sun dried toms and olives. Use the oil they come in in the bread mix. Doesn’t last long.

mildbore

My fave is to make a ciabatta type bread with sun dried toms and olives. Use the oil they come in in the bread mix. Doesn’t last long.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Sun dried tomatoes …wow!’ is closed to new replies.