Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 484 total)
  • Summer rugby thread
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Toys – ref missed loads of Aus offenses including resetting the final scrum

What a fantastic win

toys19
    Free Member

Well I know, and everyone shot me down when I said it about my team england at the end of the 6N.

Awesome win, sets the tone for the summer!

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Well there goes my predictions already. Well done Scotland!

AngusWells

I was mesmerised by how much the posts were wobbling in the wind.

So, one (proper, not Junior World Championship) game down and the Northern Hemisphere are one up. I don’t think we will end up with the win ratio in our favour, but it’s a good start.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

Aus by 20 pts

Keeping up my usual standards of prediction there 😳

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Whats that you say, Scotland won.

Just as i predicted.

Happy days…..

Come on Wales, come on Ireland come on South Africa… 😆

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The stats make for funny reading
    http://www.espnscrum.com/scrum/rugby/match/155532.html

Scotland made a whole 90 m wth the ball and had 1/3 of territory and possession

Rennie 24 tackles! Stoks 17 129 total with only 3 missed

Pigface
    Free Member

Didnt see that coming 😆 well done Scotland.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bravo to the Scotchish! Superb to win away from home like that.

Also, re Murray – props win games!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bravo to the Scotchish! Superb to win away from home like that.

Also, re Murray – props win games!

toys19
    Free Member

I have had some crap already today from some aussie mates about how they don’t play “slow” rugby and the scots bored them into losing. Sour Grapes.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

http://www.twitvid.com/WS6LG

Marvelous celebration……!

onehundredthidiot

Brilliant just back from injury and gets another after the match.

Pigface
    Free Member

Australians worst losers in international sport, followed very closely by the Kiwis, pains to say that about the Kiwis as in everything else they are really cool people.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Thats a crackin vid CFH, what plonkers!

Pigface
    Free Member

😆 nice one excellent find Flashheart

bruk

Wow. Thought it was likely to be a thumping but sounds like Robinson’s tactics were right with that weather forecast.

Will have to try and find highlights online somewhere.

I predict having won a grind out game and aiming high now we will lose to Fiji and Samoa who will be out to thump us.

However it is a fantastic result and I am very proud of the players who battled hard for their victory and hope that my predictions are as good as usual and we go on to win whole boatload of games based on this younger side.

anagallis_arvensis

I think the scotiish might want to keep their feet on the ground, it was pretty much the 2nd 15 was it not?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

A bit more than that AA – but a few guys light of their best – as were we.

anagallis_arvensis

Five new caps! I expect about four of that 15 will play against wales, the scottish team was first choice best available as will be the welsh team on saturday (except for AW Jones and Ian Evans who are marrying each other or something).

stevewhyte
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis – Member

I think the scotiish might want to keep their feet on the ground, it was pretty much the 2nd 15 was it not?

Lols cant even give credit where its due can you, sticks in the throat. Better off just saying nothing then eh!!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Indeed steve

AA – open your one eye. what Aus have done is split their players to give the best teams thy can over the two matches. we have done you a favour wearing out the likes of Pocock. I am sure he would love to be called a second 15 player.

The Aus team that plays wales on Saturday will not be the theoretical best team either

anagallis_arvensis

Er ok, so tell me when did the aussie super whatever it is teams finish playing?

NZCol

Good game last night in pretty awful conditions. Scotland were pretty dogged and bear in mind a lot of that Oz team have been very active in the Super 15 so far this season, hardly a second 15.
    I guess you will be able to say the same about the All Blacks this w/e when they front up with their second XV. Post RWV 2011 I reckon we’re seeing a changing of the guard as the old boys start to drop back and the new players come through – thsi years Super 15 has been fantastic. My personal pick the Hurricanes should, by rights, be awful but they have been superb all season.

anagallis_arvensis

The weather aside, much of the talk ahead of the clash has revolved around selection, which is understandable considering three of Australia’s five Super Rugby franchises were in action over the past weekend, forcing Wallabies coach Robbie Deans to a field a somewhat experimental side.

so says planet rugby and i never said the first 15 would be playing wales, although it would be fair to say the team being played on a saturday has more emphasis on it would it not?

BruceWee

Just had a look at the stats.

Lineouts on own throw

AUS 7 won, 0 lost (100.0%), SCO 6 won, 5 lost (54.5%)

WTF is going on with Ford’s throw in these days? I know it was a windy day but Christ.

I’m not sure leadership is sitting too well with him. I can’t remember why Blair wasn’t chosen, was it something to do with his form at the time?

wrecker
    Free Member

Apparently the the Australian players said it was the worst conditions they have ever played under. The Scottish players are said to have remarked that it was mild with a gentle wind 😀

duckman

Is this A-A running scared and getting his excuses in early?

Based on recent games; Australia; can we play you,can we play you,can we play you every week?

loum
    Free Member

Well played the Scots.
    They deserved it. Cracking game to watch for the excitement.
    The song needs a tweek though –
    can we play you,can we play you,can we play you every week? but not on a Sunday
    Euan was immense.

duckman

Point duly noted, he is an absolute bear.

IdleJon

loum – Member
    Cracking game to watch for the excitement.

Well, the weather was exciting. The game was dreadful for a neutral.

Do the Scottish players get a bonus for every time they set up a pick and drive where no defenders need to commit at all?

anagallis_arvensis

Is this A-A running scared and getting his excuses in early?

i was full of doom before the game although I knew wales build up was shit I didnt realuse how shit australias was too. Game on it could be close.
    Amazing that scotland have beaten aussies twice and sa once in recent timrs and wales cant buy a win v souther hemisphere teams.

anagallis_arvensis

*South Africa team: *Zane Kirchner, JP Pietersen, Jean de Villiers (c), Frans Steyn, Bryan Habana, Morne Steyn, Francois Hougaard, Tendai Mtawarira, Bismarck du Plessis, Jannie du Plessis, Eben Etzebeth, Juandre Kruger, Marcell Coetzee, Willem Alberts, Pierre Spies.

to play england, seems wrong not to have Matfield and Botha one of, if not the best pairing ever.

Kryton57

Supposedly we weren’t getting the “best” SA team but that ^^ is worrying.

anagallis_arvensis

Pack looks quite muscular!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

seems wrong not to have Matfield and Botha one of, if not the best pairing ever

Agreed. A great engine room.

Is it just me, or is “The Beast” grossly over rated?

duckman

Have both, or at least one of them not retired from int rugby? Beast is a dirt track bully, one good test against a broken Vickery, been living on it since. Int props seem to work out fairly quickly how to play him.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

IIRC, Adam stitched him up after that “one good test against Vickery”, didn’t he?

Matfield’s retired, but I think Botha is over at Toulon isn’t he?

anagallis_arvensis

Beast is a good player but I think Cole will deal with him. Cole could well develop into one of the best ever. I’d pick Adam over him now but its close and getting closer.

Adam did a number on the Beast and then Bakkies reverted to type the dirty fecker.

anagallis_arvensis

*TEAMS*
    *Australia: *Adam Ashley-Cooper (NSW); Joe Tomane (ACT), Rob Horne (NSW), Pat McCabe (ACT), Digby Ioane (Queensland); Berrick Barnes (NSW), Will Genia (Queensland); Benn Robinson (NSW), Tatafu Polota-Nau (NSW), Sekope Kepu (NSW), Rob Simmons (Queensland), Nathan Sharpe (Western Force), Scott Higginbotham (Queensland), David Pocock (Western Force, capt), Wycliff Palu (NSW).
    *Replacements:* Stephen Moore (ACT), Ben Alexander (ACT), Dave Dennis (NSW), Michael Hooper (ACT), Nic White (ACT), Anthony Fainga’a (Queensland), Mike Harris (Queensland).
    *Wales: *Leigh Halfpenny (Blues); Alex Cuthbert (Blues), Jonathan Davies (Scarlets), Scott Williams (Scarlets), George North (Scarlets); Rhys Priestland (Scarlets), Mike Phillips (Bayonne); Gethin Jenkins (Toulon), Ken Owens (Scarlets), Adam Jones (Ospreys), Bradley Davies (Blues), Luke Charteris (Perpignan), Dan Lydiate (Dragons), Sam Warburton (Blues, capt), Toby Faletau (Dragons).
    *Replacements:* Matthew Rees (Scarlets), Paul James (Bath), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys), Ryan Jones (Ospreys), Lloyd Williams (Blues), James Hook (Perpignan), Ashley Beck (Ospreys).

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 484 total)

The topic ‘Summer rugby thread’ is closed to new replies.