Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Summer meadows
  • trevron73
    Free Member

Rode through a wild summer meadow today and encountered electric blue 2″ long flying creatures,i was amazed how they moved and scared if they could kill me? turns out they are harmless(of course)gotta love nature .We are probably the most unadaptable species on the planet- yes we build bikes -but we dont hover or fly ???? think about hovering ?>

matt_outandabout

Dragonfly innit.
    Maybe blue damsel:

anagallis_arvensis

no such thing as a wild meadow

bloodynora
    Free Member

No such thing as a wild meadow? what a strange thing to say! Of course there are.
    My guess would be a Damselfly as well especially if there was water nearby. They are amazing little things and so graceful as they flit about.

anagallis_arvensis

No such thing as a wild meadow? what a strange thing to say! Of course there are.

I’ll hand back my phd then. Sorry.

bloodynora
    Free Member

Good idea 😉

inthehouse
    Free Member

Fantastic places they really are great places this time of year with the hot weather,but don’t you just hate it when thick grass gets stuck in your rear mech,and cassette.

sparkerfix

Today’s meadow pic.

mightymule
    Free Member

Just spent 2 weeks walking through traditional summer hay meadows in the Dales (via public footpaths of course). They look absolutely gorgeous. Unfortunately it seems that they contain about five million flying bitey things per square foot. My legs look like dot-to-dot puzzles.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Of course there’s no such thing as a wild meadow, the ones on Islay are really well kept at any rate. Didn’t see any Anagellis arvensis up there though. Pedantic feckers they are. (well they are when you can find them)

anagallis_arvensis

Dales meadows, well not just Dales any northern england upland meadow, are a thing of real beaty. Very, very few of them left though. New House farm near Gordale Scar is my favourite.
    sparkerfix wheres that looks a bit alpine.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Summer meadows’ is closed to new replies.