Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Summer gloves, possibly the widest ranging product ever? Recommendations please!
  • TrailriderJim
    Free Member

I just don’t know where to start. Pick the first thing you see for the level you want to spend, or are there some genuinely top-rated ones that sit way above all others? Suggestions please!

chakaping
    Free Member

I bought some 661 Raji gloves on a recommendation and have been very pleased with them so far.

Got to be careful with them around barbed wire fences and brambles though as they’re really thin.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My last pair wre Thor S7’s which were great, my new ones are Fox, can’t remember the model but they’re sweatier than MJ in the crech at a plastic surgons.

backhander
    Free Member

I go through gloves at an alarming rate.
    I’ve killed endura’s and royal’s in a matter of weeks.
    The Dakines stood up OK but not the comfiest, the best by far have been the Fox ones*. I’ll only buy Fox ones now, comfy and durable.
    Unfortunately I lost my last pair but will go buy the attacks now.

*Other peoples experiences may vary.

neninja
    Free Member

Been wearing a pair of Thor gloves – rain or shine for the last 18 months and they’re great. Never suffer from sweaty hands in them and they seem to be hard wearing.

HarYuken
    Free Member

Spesh BG Gel

jimjam
    Free Member

Dakine ventilator or Troy Lee xc.

j3ffo
    Free Member

Avoid Giro glove at all cost – whilst I like their helmets every pair of their gloves I have had fell to bits very quickly.

Dakine supposed to be good

Personally, Oakley are my favourite.

warpcow
    Free Member

My experience of Giro Xens has been very good. Had them just over a year now, being used 4-5 times a week weather permitting. The fit is better (for me) than any other glove I’ve tried and they’ve survived a couple of good crashes. Lasting much better than my previous Troy Lee Air XCs, which started disintegrating after 2 rides.

My only criticism would be that the padding on the knuckles should go all the way out to the little-finger, and not stop at the ring-finger (I ride with my hands off the edges of the bars and sometimes clip trees and rocks). There’s a hole just starting to form at the knuckle of my right little-finger from an altercation with a cliff-face a few weeks ago.

rewski
    Free Member

Literally just bought Royal Racing Crown gloves from cyclesurgery, very lightweight and comfy, I must of tried on 10+ pairs, I’ve got big hands (easy) and to be honest the Royals where the only ones that came up big enough, only £19.99.

Edit: Tried the Spesh BG Gel, very good but XL too small 🙁

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Summer gloves, possibly the widest ranging product ever? Recommendations please!’ is closed to new replies.