Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Summer Alps FF Helmet goggles combo?
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Will be trawling for these soon, lighter the better as I’ve got a history of badly timed neck problems!

What do you recommend, wear?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Don’t buy on weight alone- buy the one that fits, where it for some UK stuff first and strengthen the neck muscles up.

jam-bo

even the heaviest MTB full face is hardly heavy.

get the one that fits best, most come in a carbon variant.

s8tannorm
    Free Member

TLD and Spy goggles if cash isn’t a problem, otherwise look at a THE helmet.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Do you need a FF helmet? I am going and didnt intend to get one….

s8tannorm
    Free Member

Everyone needs a full face helmet…even if it’s just for poncing round the house in 😉

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Do you need a FF helmet? I am going and didnt intend to get one….

I think it depends on the kind of riding you’re going to be doing. If its Portes Du Soleil style full on DH stuff, yup full face is well worth it. I found for the riding around Les Arcs, which was generally much slower and more technical I preferred my Xen as I could see more and didn’t feel so isolated. Still had the safety jacket and leg pads on though.

MussEd
    Free Member

If you’re in Morzine and near the main streets or just in cramped shared accomodation, wearing one as a noise muffler in bed is a good investment. I’m sure mine afforded me an extra couple of hours of sleep over the week, and that my friends is priceless!

Don’t bother with the goggles though!

MussEd
    Free Member

661 Evolution BTW.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Im doing Portes Du Soleil and it doesnt look DH at all! People on hardtails and no helmets.

You think Mega Avalanche?

steveh

Full face Troy lee are the best. THE very good and a fair bit cheaper.

Goggles wise electric’s are my favourites. £30 for some of last years models too.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Its Les Arcs, apparently all downhill and they recommend you wera one, plus it Looks cool

stevomcd
    Free Member

That’ll be Trail Addiction then. MOSTLY downhill… 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Summer Alps FF Helmet goggles combo?’ is closed to new replies.