Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Sultan or SB95
  • RoganJosh
    Free Member

Gonna swap my gyro frame for something new, any ideas or recommendations as to why one or the other? Any idea which is lighter?

66deg
    Free Member

Dear Rogan Josh,
    Have you learned nothing in order to get people interested you need the words” Bog Trotter” somewhere in the title of the thread.

I have the SB66 so the little brother of the 95 , great bike absolute pleasure to ride comes with my seal of approval for what that’s worth.

RoganJosh
    Free Member

I get 175 posts about something I gave up caring about after the first 5! But 1 on this!

Cheers!

TooTall
    Free Member

I’ve had a Sultan for 4 years. It is far more capable than I am. It will continue to be far more capable than I am. It does everything I ask of it – nmely cart my carcass around and give me something nice to fall off when I get too cocky.

Sanny
    Free Member

I would say Turner given their awesome warranty. Greg has just set me up with a new Sultan at considerably less than trade after my 3 year old 5 spot cracked. I cannot fault their approach to customer service. I just need to build it up now – whoop!

vondally
    Free Member

again it is what I own…….Turner Sultan …..rationalised bikes so sold Yeti asr 7 26er and all other 26ers to keep a 29er Rocky Mountain Element and Sultan liked both bikes then sold both to
    get a 2011/2 Sultan.

As above more capable than me, not quite as good climber as the Rocky but just that bit better descending. As capable in the rough as ant 6 inch travel bike I have has including RFX Bullits Ellsworths Intenses and easier to climb.

For me recommended

takisawa2

Wasn’t keen on the SB95 I had a quick spin on.
    Build was a bit race orientated, but I just didn’t like it. Didn’t feel balanced, if that makes any sense. I had been riding a Krampus immediately before it. 🙂
    Tried a Trek Rumblefish & that was really lovely.

LoCo
    Free Member

Sultan.

5spot
    Free Member

Josh just get the Turner,have a spin on mr booths!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I can’t comment on the SB95, I only have a sultan. Impressions summarised best on this thread.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/whos-gone-from-a-turner-5-spot-to-a-sultan#post-4662898

bullandbladder
    Free Member

I took an SB95 out for a day in Moab this year. It was one of those rare beasts that immediately felt ‘right’. Very nice indeed.

I wants one.

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Out of interest, why don’t you like the Gyro?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Sultan or SB95’ is closed to new replies.