Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • suicidal worms in water butts…
  • qwerty
    Free Member

…how do they get in there ?

LsD
    Free Member

from constant disappointment and black despair.

Bunnyhop

We had some really horrible maggotty type worms in ours last year, doing some kind of whirling dance, yuk, yuk, yuk, yuk.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Ive read some great thread titles on here recently, but yours gets an extra 25 bonus points.

genius.

i love tipping over those water butts and watching the mosquito larvae die…DIE!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Bunnyhop – Member

We had some really horrible maggotty type worms in ours last year, doing some kind of whirling dance, yuk, yuk, yuk, yuk.
    Yes they coil up and writhe around, vile things….

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

If they are the ones which wiggle towards the bottom of the tank as soon as you poke you face over the surface they’re mosquito larvie aren’t they? As for stuff that lives at the bottom something leachy pehaps?(shudders)

chewkw
    Free Member

What do they look like. ❓

Northwind

Think there’s moray eels in ours.

trailmonkey

we were pondering this mystery over dinner the other night, until the kids confessed that they used to put them in there 😐

qwerty
    Free Member

They appear to be legit garden worms, all be it with probable mental health issues.

Our butt is raised (fnar fnar) so to gain entry they’d need to scale the sides or drop in off the green house that serves the butt.

Scooby Doo would get to the bottom of it.

Cougar

It’s probably a wormdo.

lunge

Cougar, i’ll play.

What’s a wormdo?

Cougar

It wriggles along the ground.

(thank you)

wwaswas

What’s white and wriggles on the floor?

Cougar

Vanilla ice?

Cougar

Oh, wait, no. It’s Come Dancing.

wwaswas

well, the traditional answer is ‘an albino worm’.

but since one of my friends said ‘come dancing’ about 25 years ago I’ve always gone with that.

[edit]

[flounce mode]

you took my punchline 🙁

[/flounce mode]

Bunnyhop

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/weird-things-swimming-in-our-large-bucket-nature-lovers-please

NBT took a picture of the horrible swirly things that were in our water butt, picture is half way down the thread.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Luckily mine seem immune thus far.

Various solutions: tight fitting lid to exclude air and light; fine mesh (or old tights?) over infeed from drainpipe; dash of fairy liquid to reduce surface tension; relocate away from direct sunlight (water stays cooler).

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘suicidal worms in water butts…’ is closed to new replies.