Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Suggestions for South Wales (on a hardtail)
  • jruk
    Free Member

OK folks suggestions please… I’m off to South Wales at the end of the month and looking for ideas for a 30-35 mile route that’s going to be fun on a hardtail (120mm toughish build Soul). A mix of fast and flowy / steep and techie would be ace.

Ta.

davewalsh
    Free Member

You anywhere near Brechfa? Could do the Raven and Gorlech trails.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Brechfa Black and Red routes would add up to your total I think, great fun to ride and much, much quiter than Afan / Cwmcarn. Flowy bits, fast bits steep bits (up and down) and a nice pub at the end with an insanely pretty beer garden.

If you want more natural riding Brecon is always a good shout, but I wouldn’t know where to start by giving advice, The Gap maybe – I don’t even know the names of the bits I’ve ridden.

jruk
    Free Member

Thanks guys, I’m driving from near Exeter and Brechfa is a bit further than I wanted to go but will take a look.

Any other ideas? Natural would be good but don’t want to be stopping every 60 seconds to check the map.

singlespeedstu

So you’re looking for a nice route in south wales.
    You might do better talking about the area you’re heading for rather than what bike you’ll be on.

jruk
    Free Member

@sss – south Wales, the east bit ideally, is about as accurate as I can be, location not set yet, the bike is though.

singlespeedstu

Just do what the rest of the southeners do then and head to Afan or Cwmcarn 😉

If you could be more specific I’m sure there’s a few people that would point you in the right direction of local stuff.
    There’s loads of it out there and a few people on here that would help you out like they’ve helped me out in the past.

nickdavies

Take a look on the gpsies site, there’s a nice long run out from Cwmcarn to afan, you could start at cwmcarn and with a bit of planning turn it into a loop to get that distance?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Suggestions for South Wales (on a hardtail)’ is closed to new replies.