Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Suggestions for riding backpack with storage/straps for XC/DH helmet?
  • nickewen
    Free Member

Does anyone have any suggestions for a backpack capable of storing or holding with straps or something, a full face helmet for climbs and a XC lid for the downs?

Just testing the water to see if such a pack does actually exist.

Any info/comments would be much appreciated.

Cheers

supersaiyan
    Free Member

My Dakine does both, plus loops in the bottom for armour. Think mine is the drafter but there are different sizes depending on what you need. Thoroughly recommended.

chakaping
    Free Member

Dakine Nomad is the bigger version. Like mine a lot, not that I ever store a helemt in it.

unklehomered
    Free Member

+1 for Dakine, very well thought out for carrying stuff. My only prev such bag a Hydrapak one of similar size, nowhere near as good, or comfortable.

Sidney
    Free Member

a full face helmet for climbs and a XC lid for the downs?

How fast do you go uphill?

rocketman
    Free Member

My little Dakine Session has a couple of strategically-placed straps that hold a ff helmet – one strap through the chinpiece the other through the helmet strap. It’s not super-stable but it’s satisfactory.

I’ve also used a cargo net £7.99 any motorbike shop fits any rucksack.

MadPierre

Both my Camelbaks can do this. One’s “The Capo”. Can’t remember the other model… check out the one’s they tag as “freeride” in the marketing blurb.

nickewen
    Free Member

Thanks for all of the info! Haha – just realised I got my helmets in the wrong direction… Defo full face for the downs. Been checking out the Dakine packs and they look just the ticket. Will have a look at the CB offerings now too. Thanks!

alfabus
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a Lezyne Adroit – pretty pleased with it so far… especially the tool compartment, with special shaped and labelled holes for stuff; helps me to not forget stuff!

Dave

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Suggestions for riding backpack with storage/straps for XC/DH helmet?’ is closed to new replies.