Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Suggestions for moderate xc / walking holiday abroad
  • wheelie

Thinking of possibly taking ferry….Dover Calais and heading to an area good for walking and moderate xc. My GF recovering from broken collar bone, so very moderate riding is going to be the order of the day. Has anyone been to the Auvergne region? Any recommendations for other regions also gratefully received.Don’t know what Aveyron is like too?

wheelie

Bump

mugsys_m8

Jura or the Vercors maybe?

For the Jura have a look at the GTJ website.

jacksonwwirl
    Free Member

wicklow

wheelie

Thanks guys but was thinking more of the Auvergne region

manoirdelourde
    Free Member

Some nice xc in the Pyrenees, lots of blue trails, plus plenty of walking in the mountains.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Did some nice riding in Limousin

I call this style of riding ambient jeycore lite BTW

Limousin2 by TandemJeremy, on Flickr

Limousan1 by TandemJeremy, on Flickr

I could probably work out some of the routes we did – but there is plenty of stuff. Lots of unsurfaced roads basically.

One route we were given on here was in a nice wee town called st mathieu du lac. there is a noticeboard in the town centre with route maps.

E mail me if I can be of further help

mugsys_m8

Ah. I am blind sorry! What is prob worth looking at then is parc naturel Livradois Forez.
    I have a guide in front of me for puy de dôme, Haute-Loire. Guide deals with a tour of 232.5km on 5-7 days and 11 other routes of 2-5 days. Nice area, but can’t say much more about it as not really my stomping ground unlike the Vercors.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Fontainebleau? Avoiding the sandy bits when riding, naturally.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Morvane area

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Morvan, sorry for spellink

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Suggestions for moderate xc / walking holiday abroad’ is closed to new replies.