Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Suggestions for decent 1 inch carbon (road) forks?
  • amedias
    Free Member

Looking to buy a new or very very lightly used fork for my old Bontrager Road Lite and need 1 inch threadless.

The current fork, a Time somethingorother is getting on a bit and isn’t original, but also seems to be a a peculiar mix of both flexy and stiff/uncomforatble in all the wrong ways, couple with the steerer being a bit too short which necessitates running a stem with a bit of rise and upsetting the aesthete in me, so looking for a change.

Not cripplingly expensive would be a nice, but haven’t set a budget at this point, not too hung up on being full carbon, ie: would be happy with Alu steerer.

Not really an area I’m that knowledgeable on so does anyone have any decent suggestions for me?

cannondaleking
    Free Member

ITM spider are good forks if you can find them that and new 1″ carbon forks being thin on the ground now. Don’t forget to make sure you get the a-c and rake for your frame

amedias
    Free Member

Don’t forget to make sure you get the a-c and rake for your frame

ta, have got the measurements written down at home, so I’m on the ball with that bit 😉

Have seen some ITM forks on eBay, did you recommend the Spider as a particular model in their range for some specific reason or just general ‘goodness’ ?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    amedias
    Free Member

Bump for the evening lot…

paul4stones

How long is your head tube? I’ve got some that were cut down too short in error by a friend who died a few years ago. I’ll have to check but I think there may only be about 190ish of uncut tube (ally steerer and carbon blades). Yours for postage and a donation to Patterdale MRT.

amedias
    Free Member

190 is what the current forks are, ideally want something 20-30mm longer at least but thanks for the offer!

cannondaleking
    Free Member

The spider has always been my go too fork for 1″head tube they were offered in various rake and a-c always had good ride qualitys

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Wound up still do 1″ forks for road, and are very nice to ride as well, you can get them from aspire velotech or some uk people like shand

amedias
    Free Member

These Tifosi forks on Wiggle seem to get good review, anyone used them?

as do these Columbus ones, althoguha bit more spendy :-s

amedias
    Free Member

Have also found these at Ribble, much cheaper, look like a fairly generic carbon fork, I’m sure they’re OK but no reviews I can find, any thoughts?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Suggestions for decent 1 inch carbon (road) forks?’ is closed to new replies.