Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • suggest some new grips please.
  • andybrad

My strange grips are wearing out. So im looking for something that will keep my tiny girl like hands comfy.

Thinking some odi ruffians or maybe some hope ones? im also wondering if i could just buy the cartridge but i dont know where from.

Any thoughts?

ads678

Some more Strange ones off the Orange website? Or the On one bob on’s are very good for the money, circa £5.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I usually go for the Ruffians as I like a chubbier grip for the larger hand.
    I have recently equipped a bike with the ODI Vans lock on grips which are quite a bit thinner but very comfy and super sticky.

everyone
    Free Member

ESI chunkies are about the same thickness as ruffians or you could get the racer’s edge if you want skinnier.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

as a slight side issue to this, does anyone know if the clamps on the strange grips are compatible with the ODI grips? my gf’s strange grips are also near to death and i could take them off to look, but that’s not the STW way now is it?

so andy, if they’re compatible i’d be getting the ODI ruffians. I’ve had several sets over the years but they fit my tiny hands just fine, don’t feel like they’re that chunky tbh.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

soft, tacky, comfy and skinny. My favourite grip!

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/renthal-bmx-grips-kevlar-yellow-id75805.html

leftyboy
    Free Member

Just switched from ODI Ruffians (worn out) to Hope ones and after a couple of rides with the Hope ones feeling really wrong I suddenly gelled with them and now they feel like I’ve always ridden with them.

As with loads of stuff if you bed it in and then never think about it again it’s probably pretty good, IMHO both the ODIs and the Hope grips fall into that camp. HTH

zerocool

I’ve been and ODI Ruffian fan for years, but last year I switched to the Renthal Kevlar lock ons and to be honest I’ve been disappointed. They’re not as comfy as Ruffians, and the pattern although lasting longer than my old Ruffians still wore down faster than Superstar grips. Still grippy in the dry but not in the wet. I do fancy trying out the ODI Vans or TLD grips or maybe even the new Ergon ‘enduro’ things.

Superstar grips aren’t bad, but don’t buy the XLs if your hands are small/average.

Tom KP

oliwb
    Free Member

The lizard skins and peaty edition are both really good. I used to swear by the intense ODI’s but they seem to be getting hard to get….!

Oli.

svalgis
    Free Member

Love my ESI Chunkies for my girl hands. Never got on with thin grips.

Crag
    Free Member

Lizard Skins Chargers in non lock on variety for me. Comfiest grip I’ve tried. Its like the mushroom grips from the 80’s BMX scene so must be good.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Chergers are excellent, the mushroom pattern is brilliant, particulary if you’re gloveless.

I’ve tried lots of grips, I’ve quite large hands so a few (like Ruffians for example) I don’t get on with at all. My current fave are the ODI Vans grips, which I’m using on all three of my bikes.

Northwind

I’ve ended up an ESI fan but they’re a wee bit delicate, I’m either going to have to crash less or buy more 😛

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Just re read my post, I don’t use Ruffians at all, I use Rogues. What a gimp!

singletrackstinker
    Free Member

Another vote for the Lizard Skins Peaty grips. Had them on my bike for nearly a year and no complaints whatsoever.

tmb467
    Free Member

Ergon GA1s (the non-enduro ones)

I like em – not had pins n needles for ages now

jonnyrockymountain

ESI

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘suggest some new grips please.’ is closed to new replies.