• This topic has 43 replies, 42 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Endo.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Suggest me a wedding song
  • Warrenpfo
    Free Member

I am to get married next year and need to try find a first dance song. I like all types of music and we dont have "our song" so need to start looking. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Nothing too cheezy and i am a fan of the golden oldies.

jaycmx1
    Free Member

dire straits get your money for nothing and your chicks for free? 😀

real_ben10
    Free Member

Lonestar – Amazed

millsonwheels
    Free Member

We went for Saturday Sun by Nick Drake.
    Some friends of ours learnt a whole crazy dance routine (can't remember the song) which was funny for there first dance 🙂

PJM1974
    Free Member

I'm going to hell for this…

The Imperial March from Star Wars as the bride walks down the aisle.

/coat.

smell_it
    Free Member
    mickasaki
    Free Member

F##k like a beast by wasp!

fubar
    Free Member

Went to a wedding recently where they had a Beetles cover band – 'Norwegian Wood' was the 1st song (turns out it's a waltz !)

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Come on Eileen! 😉

SaxonRider

Luminous Times by U2. It's on the flipside of the With or Without You single. Good piece.

theotherjonv

Probably not advice as such since it was a very personal choice, but we 'scripted' our first 3

Something Changed – Pulp
    Love is all Around – an acoustic version by REM it took all year to track down
    Baby I love You – Ramones version

backhander
    Free Member

99 problems – JayZ

clubber
    Free Member

We did a deliberately cheesy one. Big Barry White's My first, my last, my everything 🙂

don't think we could have done a serious one…

bananaworld
    Free Member

Wedding song? Cheesey?

You Never Can Tell – Chuck Berry

…and then learn the exact twist routine from the film 😀

Gary_C

Chris Rea…. 'Road To Hell'….

ddmonkey

We went for Its Only Natural by Crowded House. The start is great.

el_diablo
    Free Member

We went for 'Stuck on you' by Lionel Richtea.

But if we were getting married now, Take That's Greatest Day could be in with a shout

Bat1
    Free Member

She wears it well ..Rod

grantmitchell
    Free Member
    genesis
    Free Member

Mel Carter, Hold Me Kiss Me. Its on the We Were Soldiers soundtrack, the bit when they have the pre-deployment party and Hal Moore get the news that they've been given the same name as Custer's regiment

takisawa2

How about Radiohead – Song for an exit. 🙂

We had one from the film Moulin Rouge.
    No, not the "Can Can," think it's called "Come what may".

grantmitchell
    Free Member

<removed, as it was the wrong thread>

tazzymtb

mickasaki we actually had F*ck like a beast at our wedding and smack my bitch up and hardcore motherf*cker by ultraviolence. First dance was just like heaven by the cure.

best bit of the night (apart from the obvious bit)… drunken mother in law leaves, DJ puts on Hardcore motherf*cker, drunken mother in law suddenly turns up again and starts dancing because "it has a good beat" 🙂

househusband
    Free Member

'The Ship Song' by Nick Cave

eddie11
    Free Member

come on you must have a song? Something must have happened to you both that was important and there was some music swimming around somewhere in the background?

anyways – loves theme, barry white

squin
    Free Member

"You're the one for me Fatty" – Moressey (sp). IGMC.

FallOutBoy
    Free Member
    Scienceofficer
    Free Member

We had 'Valentine Moon' by Sam Brown for our first dance song.

My favourite was 'Bring me sunshine' by Morecambe and Wise, which we used as we left the ceremony, complete with the dance. 😳

BigJohn

Have a listen to "Into My Arms" by Nick Cave

dickydutch

prodigy – smack my bitch up.

downshep

'One day like this', by elbow.

You can save 'Grounds for divorce' for another day.

GuinnessBoy
    Free Member

We went with "Better" by Tom Baxter but it was a toss up with Paul Weller "You do something to me" I had loads that were vetoed for some reason 🙂
    Iron Maiden-Bring your daughter to the slaughter
    The Doors-The End
    The unknown soldier
    Morrissey – There is a light that never goes out
    Billy Idol -White Wedding
    Dan Hicks-How can I miss you (when you wont go away)

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

We had 8 bars of Wet Wet Wet's 'Love is all around you', after that it slowed down gradually (like a record player being switched off) a sample from a Meat Beat Manifesto record of a bloke screaming 'not this record' was played, it then crashed into Thomas Bangalter's 'So Much Love to give' at which point a few of our more mental friends had been primed to storm the dance floor and dance like things possessed

🙂

We played 'our song' (Moonman – Galaxia) at the end of the night

beaker

Mrs B and I had Al Green- Lets stay together for our first dance. I wanted Eminems classic 'If you don't like my s*it you can suck my d*ck. Mrs B wouldn't have it though…..

DWH
    Free Member

Strewth! – I thought the title was "Suggest me a welding song" and it turns out to be some girly "Wedding Planner" nonsense.

Isn't this the sort of thing your intended decides and you just agree to? Hang on – this being the t'internet I suppose you might actually be a girl. But in that case shouldn't you be posting on some kind of wedding forum or spending every last waking minute chatting to your giggly mates about it?

Shit! Sorry, my fault – I've just realised why a bloke might be posting on here. Your "wedding" is a Civil Ceremony isn't it? You're both blokes aren't you. Well fair play to you. In that case, anything by the "Pet Shop Boys" should be fine.

I'd best get back to my welding. Hope that helped.

kiwijohn

"Harpoon" by Jebediah. 😉

4130soul
    Free Member

white lines (don't do it)?

tinsy
    Free Member

Nacy Sinatra "Bang Bang"

cookeaa

Surfin' Bird – by the Trashmen

Pink Glove – By Pulp

Don't Come Home Too Soon – by Del Amitri

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Suggest me a wedding song’ is closed to new replies.