Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Suggest me a summer plan
  • BigDummy
    Free Member

Right. I had a great plan for the summer, but it's turned into a rather less great plan because it now calls for me spending 2 weeks in a baking hot war-zone with someone who has gone off sleeping with me. 🙄 🙂

Since then I've ruled out Afghanistan as a bit too pricey.

10 days to a couple of weeks, not too far to fly, aiming to take a touring/mtb and knock about a bit. Nowhere more than 12 hours flying time. Ideally some nice country, some modestly sized mountains, quiet roads and some reasonable riding. Nowhere too developed. Where've you been? Was it alright? Should I go?

I am at this point entirely open to suggestions. 😀

alpin
    Free Member

across the alps.

book a flight to Muncih and start riding south once you're there. buy a few maps, talk to fellow riders or locals for which route is best. jump on a flight from Venice or Milan in ten days time.

whether you're touring or on the MTB ten days'll be plenty.

Talkemada
    Free Member

with someone who has gone off sleeping with me.

Since then I've ruled out Afghanistan as a bit too pricey.

You could have bunged her in a burkha…

some modestly sized mountains, quiet roads and some reasonable riding. Nowhere too developed

Scotland? 😀

Earl_Grey

Just picking a couple of mountain ranges at random, how about Atlas Mountains? Urals?

No idea what the riding is like there though.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Morroco would be my choice, flow MTB do a holliday there.

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Morocco is amazing, though I haven't been there on my bike. I spent some time in the mountains though, so I can tell you to expect dust and rocks, and lots of heat. One idea I would fancy in your position, would be to get a cheap flight to the south of Spain, then cycle to the ferry across to Morocco and on into the mountains. Then you could fly home from Marrakech after your tour.

ianv
    Free Member

Morocco will be baking in the summer

juan
    Free Member

pm me if you want to come down here, I'll show you the less touristy place from the south east.

Oh and make sure youre bike as proper MTB tyres 😉

timbercombe
    Free Member

Pyrenees is great if you fancy it, only walked there not rode though.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Some interesting thoughts here chaps, thanks.

Talkemada
    Free Member

Actually, Norway would be good you know. Expensive, yes, but relatively very quiet, has everything you want, definitely some fantastic riding. Very friendly and welcoming people, and it's a nice peaceful place. Some incredibly spectacular scenery.

I've been a few times, and I love the place. Yeah, I'd definitely recommend Norway.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Suggest me a summer plan’ is closed to new replies.