Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Suggest me a bike
  • hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Reet. I used to have an Orange 5 before some hoodrat nicked it.

I’m looking to replace in the autumn. Much of my riding is suited to a bike like a 5; trails around Hebden Bridge, Gisburn, etc. So I thought Bird Aeris would be a cheaper alternative to a 5.

But now I’m thnking a shorter travel bike would better enable me to do MTB marathons, bikepacking, stuff like that. But I like the slack head angle of a proper trail bike.

Orange 4 seems like a good compromise. Any other 120-130mm bikes I should be considering?

Edit: I should add – I love the odd trip to BPW too – mostly the blues, reds and some of the easier blacks (I don’t do jumping but want something that will get me over steep/rocky stuff without dying)

z1ppy

Ever tried a 29er, Segment Mk2? Whyte T-129 or the T-130 sounds like just what you need (if you can find one, or order a 2017 one)

tenfoot

Specialized Camber Carbon Comp? 25% off at the moment.

rico70

If it doesn’t have to be new, or a complete bike, the I’m selling my Giant Trance Advanced carbon frame, forks, shock, dropper post, bottom bracket, headset, stem, and XT front mech at the moment. Size medium.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Suggest me a bike’ is closed to new replies.