Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Suggest an online food shop / delivery service.
  • santacruzsi
    Free Member

I’m a bit screwed at the moment with breaking the ankle and therefore being unable to drive . To save my other half doing everything I thought I could arrange the online shop / delivery instead of the normal visit the supermarket etc.

Who’s best for this? Live in Stockport so all the big names deliver to the area, just want to know who’s best for price / quality / freshness . I believe some give replacements if the item you’re after isn’t in stock?

Thanks

djambo
    Free Member

We use tesco and i have to say the service is very good. all the drivers are incredibly polite and helpful. Sometime the bread/milk doesn’t have too much shelf life left but they’ll gladly refnd you if thats the case, and often leave it with you asweel!

Kryton57

Sometime the bread/milk doesn’t have too much shelf life left

This is because we witnessed the delivery content stacked to the level of the ceiling outside of the local `tesco store. 😯

Ocado FTW – your beer turns up chilled in the van.

peteimpreza

Ocado are the best having tried most of them .

nickharv

Another vote here for Ocado, not necessarily the cheapest but always good quality and never anything right at the end of its shelf life in my experience.

nealglover
    Free Member

Ocado or Morrisons (same service different products/prices)

Nobody else can compete with the service they provide as nobody else runs dedicated online only supermarkets.

The products arrive fresher, better packed and the orders are more accurate with less items missing or replaced.

(I know morrisons aren’t online only, but as they farm out the online stuff to Ocado, their online service is basically an online only supermarket and run totally separate from the in store side)

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I was using Ocado for a bit as had 6 months of free delivery saver pass thingy. I believe delivery can be a bit dear compared to Tesco otherwise.

Ocado has a large choice of esoteric/fancy items, but no loose veg. Prices are usually a bit more, but their online systems are just better. Billing, refunds etc are all done in a more efficient way than it’s rivals. For example, you will get notification if there is anything missing on the delivery before it comes along with the final price, whereas with Tesco the driver will have to go through that sort of stuff. Refunds on damaged/rotten items can all be done via the website, whereas with Tesco you have to ring/email Tesco CS. Ocado arrange their receipt into items sell/use by date which is a nice touch.

If you’re a new Ocado customer, get £20 off £80 first shop using voucher code VOU3351350.

…also, when offered items on flash sale, select them all, then refresh the page and you’ll be offered more. Repeat till it goes to checkout. Just remember to remove the items you don’t actually want before checking out.

. I believe some give replacements if the item you’re after isn’t in stock?

Tesco will swap for closest item and refund the difference if replacement is more expensive. Sainsbury’s will charge you for any replacements costing more. Which seems a bit harsh.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies , seems Ocado is the favourite! Will give them a whirl.

Thanks for the code too.

lb45684
    Free Member

Ya, Ocado is the best online food service provider with accuracy and the food the deliver is fresh.

johndoh
    Free Member

..also, when offered items on flash sale, select them all, then refresh the page and you’ll be offered more. Repeat till it goes to checkout. Just remember to remove the items you don’t actually want before checking out.

I don’t understand – what are you doing and what are you achieving? ❓

woody74

Been using Tesco for years and never really had much of a problem. Drivers are always on time and polite. If your going to use this going forward then you will collect lots of club card points which we use on Tesco Direct. Don’t think we have ever had to pay for boring stuff like baking trays, crockery, pans etc in years.,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Suggest an online food shop / delivery service.’ is closed to new replies.