Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Suggest a Family Audio Book for a road trip please!
  • sparkyspice
    Free Member

My Girls are 11 and 9 and we want some in car entertainment for a half term road trip.

As usual all responses are greatly received – I think!

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

Fantastic Mr Fox. In the 90’s when driving down to the alps in convoy, i still remember one of the genuine laugh out loud moments that nearly caused my friends dad to drive us off the road.
    Thankfully modern cars have lane departure prevention systems right.. so you’ll be all good.

Stoner
    Free Member

install castbox on your android device, subscribe to Myths and Legends podcast, and fill your boots.

Myths and Legends

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Harry Potter read by Stephen Fry is very good.

leffeboy

My girls liked Nancy Drew audiobooks at that age. Incredibly dated but the stories worked well and they don’t go on forever. I think some of them are on audible. I took a couple of shots at the Artemis Fowl stuff but they couldn’t get into it

greentricky
    Free Member

My eleven year old and I are currently enjoying Northern Lights by Philip Pullman on audible, its really good

bikebouy
    Free Member

Anything by David Walliams, our nephews love his stories and the audiobooks are hilarious.

Worth a look if nothing else.

Bregante
    Jerm

The Harry Potter ones are fantastic but if they’ve seen the fils they will know what happens. The Philip Pullman ones are even better though 9 may be a bit young. What I like with them is that they use actors for all the speech. On balance though you’re probably best going to your local library to see what they have as that’s way cheaper.

shuhockey
    Free Member

Amazons and swallows good 8hrs.

ransos
    Free Member

We bought the full set of Roald Dahl before our trip to France last year.

geoffj

The how to train your dragon series read by David Tennant – nothing like the american tv programmes and film of the same name. Brilliant, and most are available on YouTube – just rip the audio (if you are that way inclined).

ampthill

Harry Potter if that floats your boat. Expensive but alot of audio

At about that age, maybe a little younger we loved

“How To Train Your Dragon”. I think we actually had book 2 “How to be a pirate”. Nothing like the film and he is a very clever anti hero. The books are all written as if the are the memoirs of a great Chieftain remembering his disastrous child hood, when he is small, not good at fighting, terrible at training dragons but brave and clever

Beautifully read by David Tennant

We also loved “The little Darlings”

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Little-Darlings-Sam-Llewellyn/dp/0141316918

About kids who are naughty and a nanny agency taken over by criminals. I can still hear it in my head. Just some brilliant characters. Like ex Rock Star deaf Eric who calls out a nanny when he can’t find his kids. After the nanny finds them in the living room he say “They were on left! See I only looked to my right….”

mans
    Free Member

“Dress your family in Corduroy and Denim” David Sedaris.

sparkyspice
    Free Member

Thanks everyone. Singletrack comes up trumps as usual!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Suggest a Family Audio Book for a road trip please!’ is closed to new replies.