Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Suggest a challenge?
  • stumpytrek
    Free Member

I'm looking for ideas for a mountain bike related challenge. Maybe something to do for charity but mainly something to test me and any mates that come too.

I usually ride twice a week and have enjoyed the odd enduro. I wondered about a 24 hour event or some sort of long distance off road trek? But I have little idea which event or route would be 'best'. Would love to hear your ideas/suggestions!

Cheers,

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Depends on what time you have in mind. I've just done a 'Tour Le Ben Nevis' with 2 lads who'd hardly sat on a bike, never mind done 48 miles on one. 2 days 97% off road, bothy or camp overnight, great scenery, hard to get properly lost but still fairly remote. Popular route by all accounts, but we all really enjoyed it, & they both said it was the hardest & best thing they'd ever done.

paul4stones

Kielder 100, off road coast to coast, Lakeland lugger (don't tell anyone), or get a map out and do your own!

RealMan
    Free Member

Depends where you are, I'm down south, and were trying to sort a date to do the south downs way twice (out and back) in 3 days.

snowslave

Try reading the thread on stolen ibis mojos from beginning to end

Smee
    Free Member

esselgruntfuttock – cracking route that isn't it.

konajim
    Free Member

hedhehehhheh …….brill

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Goan, Mint!! Looking for something similar for 'next time'.

crapbutlovingit
    Free Member

Do the No Fuss Tour in September next year.

flatfish
    Free Member

lejog off road is my plan for next year.

eistrar
    Free Member

Three Peaks Challenge…on a bike 🙂

robinbetts
    Free Member

Snowdon… tick.
    Scarfell… can you do Scarfell on a bike? Isn't it all footpaths?

13thfloormonk

Try the west highland way in one sitting.

There'll be lots of people telling you there's better riding to be had elsewhere etc etc and they wouldn't necessarily be wrong, but i'd say about 80% of the riding along the WHW is great, either technically or scenically.

Plus its an iconic route, easily followed, its easy to get to and get back from, there's accomodation at either end and lots on the way if it goes wrong, people to chat to along the way etc. If you wanted to include some bothying or camping you could stop off at Kinlochleven and extend your trip up to Inverness via the great glen way, although what i rode of the GGW was pretty tame.

Do it in may or june, expect it to eat your bike, and give yourself at least 15 hours or so (starting in the small hours at Milngavie helps).

Wookster

trans wales??? keilder 100??? meridas?????? that's my plan just need to keep getting less lardy first….only problem mince pies now out hmmmmmmmmm!!!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Suggest a challenge?’ is closed to new replies.