Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 109 total)
  • Sue Perkins
  • oldgit
    Free Member

No way! and that’s me saying that.
    Brains and wit are all well and good, but you need a dash of brass in there.
    Even the original thinking man’s crumpet did, Joan Bakewell .

seahouse
    Free Member

it must be the old saying ” Funny gets the fanny ”

momo

She’s one of those ‘I know I shouldn’t, but I do’ types for me, but I always prefered Mel.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Here’s a funny lady….who isn’t attractive:

travellingman
    Free Member

It’s nice to find this thread still running and dividing opnion. Sexiness isn’t all about looks after all…

On reflection it’s in her eyes and looking over the top of her glasses. Always a winner for me…

Call me a freak if you like but I’m staying put.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Just for travellingman…

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Derek – agreed. Watched Miranda then Sue in her food programme last night – an hour of hilarity. Most entertaining.

emsz
    Free Member

Putting aside for one moment the whole “judging women solely on their looks” chesnut for just a moment. Can I just point out that suggesting someones life is a waste ( even in jest tbh) because they haven’t had a cock inside them is just so offensive I’m almost lost for words.

About the only person that comes out half decent on this thread is Elfinsafty.

Travellingman I’ll respond in kind: I’ve just come back from f**king my g/f. But y’know I’ll be sure to tell her that were wasting our time all night. Some people are GAY. Get over it.

oddjob
    Free Member

My personal fave is Nina Conti who happens to be really really funny and very pleasing on the eye as well. Check her out on youtube with her monkey 😉

wwaswas

emsz – I think your first paragraph encapsulates what I was trying to imply although I chose less, errm, forthright terms.

molgrips
    Free Member

+1 emsz

cynic-al
    Free Member

emsz you typed that after a shag?

I dread to think how uptight you were beforehand. Perhaps she left something in your ***?

Stoner
    Free Member

derek – thats just david mitchell in drag you know.

travellingman
    Free Member

Thanks cynic-al, that’s really doing it for me…!

And emsz, lighten up for god’s sake. It’s called a joke. A lot of my work colleagues are gay and they’d be the first ones to laugh and wouldn’t be remotely offended.

molgrips
    Free Member

lighten up for god’s sake. It’s called a joke.

Come off it mate, jokes need to be more than just being boorish and ignorant.

You’ve offended someone, at least have the f*cking decency to apologise instead of blaming them for being offended. I could come and punch you in the face if you like, then blame you for being hurt?

cynic-al
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

You’ve offended someone

…someone who is chosing to be offended and is not in or even associated with the “victim” group of the joke.

Cougar

You know when an accident’s about to happen, like dropping a glass on a stone floor, and everything suddenly runs in slow motion?

retro83
    Free Member

Cougar – Member

You know when an accident’s about to happen, like dropping a glass on a stone floor, and everything suddenly runs in slow motion?

😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

I’ve just come back from f**king my g/f. But y’know I’ll be sure to tell her that were wasting our time all night. Some people are GAY. Get over it.

You are wasting your time …here with these proper men….what lesbian cant be turned by an overweight balding bitter sarcastic male? Glad your trip was a success.
    I find these would you wont you threads rather tiring and boorish myself.

A lot of my work colleagues are gay and they’d be the first ones to laugh and wouldn’t be remotely offended.

When they get home you should think about what they say about you when they can and do express their opinion freely.
    The old some of my mates are gay line reduced to I work with some 🙄
    al – stick to mleh for you offensive stuff like you did over Jah Wobble 🙄 Even when someone is being blatantly offensive you always blame the reciever for being offended like it is there fault they dont like being insulted. re victim group I would re read the thread and can I not complain about a racist joke as I am white? Jewish joke ? etc

KT1973
    Free Member

I quite like watching Sue Perkins on the telly.
    Wouldn’t want to shag her though.
    Not because she’s a lesbian.
    Because she looks like Ben Elton.
    That’s why.

molgrips
    Free Member

someone who is chosing to be offended

That’s really not how it works mate.

Junkyard
    Free Member

give him a minute he will tell you why you dont have the right not to be offended no matter how rude someone is to you

wwaswas

There is an argument about offence being taken and not given but sometimes just because you can say something it doesn’t mean you should…

travellingman
    Free Member

Junkyard – I did contemplate the ‘work with’ or ‘friends’ line but I’m just telling the truth. They’re work colleagues not friends and believe me, they tell me exactly what they think of me to my face which is something most people don’t have the guts to do and gets my respect.

Anyway, got to go… Have fun!

martyntr
    Free Member

What about Dawn French…..

Harry_the_Spider

…I suspect “Big Lenny” has raised her expectations, ruining her for normal men.

She’s funny though.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Junkyard I’ve pointed out lots of subtle racism on here. On this thread I’ve just said I think Perkins is hot and that I think some folk are overreacting to the OP. If you want to get offended about my mleh post about jahwobble, up to you, I again think you are overreacting.

I can see why folk get offended (parasitcally?) but in this case I choose not to – I guess I (naively) imagine that folk on here aren’t homophobes, and it may also be de minimus.

I’m not some roughty-toughty bullish type btw, not at all.

Cougar

As an aside,

I’m not sure “what a waste, she’s gay” automatically implies that there’s anything wrong with being gay; I’ve had gay friends say “what a waste, you’re straight” to me before now and thought nothing of it. I took it as a compliment.

What’s more offensive perhaps is the idea that you’d be hanging out the back of her but for the small technicality of her prefering the ladies. I’d respecfully hazard that, even knowing nothing about the OP, the chances of them being in with a chance wouldn’t undergo a pardigm shift if her sexuality were suddenly any different.

(-:

philconsequence
    Free Member

As an aside,

I’m not sure “what a waste, she’s gay” automatically implies that there’s anything wrong with being gay; I’ve had gay friends say “what a waste, you’re straight” to me before now and thought nothing of it. I took it as a compliment.

What’s more offensive perhaps is the idea that you’d be hanging out the back of her but for the small technicality of her prefering the ladies. I’d respecfully hazard that, even knowing nothing about the OP, the chances of them being in with a chance wouldn’t undergo a pardigm shift if her sexuality were suddenly any different.

(-:

+1

and the amount of times i’ve heard women say “shame he’s gay” about all the hot popstars and actors they fancy… pretty sure they’re not suggesting its wrong that they’re gay.

either way emsz, blokes as a rule are idiots, the ones who shout loudest about sexual exploits or go on about it the most tend to be the ones who sit at home alone everynight using their tears of loneliness as lube to masturbate with… ignore em! 🙂

and, as someone mentioned above, glad last night went well for you!

AdamW
    Free Member

Strange this. I was in a similar conversation t’other day. Blokes at work saying about some colleague that it is a shame she was gay, it was a waste, etc. Much chortling ensued. Then I added, “Yeah, it’s a shame XXX is straight, he’s hot, same reasons.”.

For some reason the chaps seemed to take on a slightly horrified look and the conversation abruptly ended.

Strange that.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Then I guess this isn’t a waste…

This is the nasty bitch that outed the lovely Ms. Perkins on I’m a Celebrity….

molgrips
    Free Member

Surely there are negative connotations attached to the word ‘waste’? Is that so hard to see?

It says that the lady in question is wasted on her own gender. If a woman loves a man that’s a good thing, but if she loves another woman that’s bad? How is she wasted exactly?

So the op is definitely being negative, whether or not he means to (which I suspect he doesn’t).

You could’ve said ‘what a shame she’ll never go out with me’ which would be true from your point of view. But I suspect her sexuality is only one of a whole string of reasons why that would be the case 🙂

Moral of the story: Think before you open your mouth.

U31
    Free Member

Anyway, while we are on the charm offensive…

A Girl Asks Her Doctor How Many Calories There Are In Sperm. .
    Doctor Replies “Believe Me Love If You Swallow No One Cares How Fat You Are

I thangyew!!! I’m here all week….

IanMunro
    Free Member

So to clarify if I say –
    Kate Middleton – what a waste!
    That’s offensive to Royals? 🙂

iDave
    Free Member

Ian Dury – What a Waste….

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

This thread is useless without Tazzymtb.

C’mon chap, this has got ‘a few day ban’ written all over it…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Surely there are negative connotations attached to the word ‘waist’?

Certainly seems to be when ever I’ve mentioned to a g/f that I have a concern about theirs…

crouch_potato
    Free Member

What’s really worrying is that you can’t tell the ‘ironic’ posts from the ones where they really mean it.

+1, this thread is a **** tragedy. 😐

KT1973
    Free Member

iDave – Member
    Ian Dury – What a Waste….

There ain’t half been some clever b@stards

molgrips
    Free Member

If you are stupid and small minded in jest, you are still being stupid and small minded.

Saying ‘it’s only a joke’ does NOT excuse everything.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘Sue Perkins’ is closed to new replies.