Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • mavic adapter 110 hub to 100?
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

As above is there an adapter that changes mavic crossmax 110 hub to fit 100mm forks?. Google has turned up not a lot. Anyone?

oldtalent
    Free Member

That’s all this boost nonsense isn’t it? I don’t believe it’s possible to convert due to the brake disk being in the wrong place.

dovebiker

Yup, brake disc will be too far outboard / foul fork

vincienup
    Free Member

Don’t know about Mavic, but Hope solve this problem (the disc placement) by leaving the NDS where it is and altering the spacing on the DS (for the front hub adapter anyway).

Yep it results in an off-centreaxis wheel, but I’ve neither died nor caught fire since fitting this device.

Otoh, I can now accommodate much wider tyres, which I view as a win. Other opinions may vary…

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

No you can’t make a 110mm hub fit into a 100 mm space . There are adapters that allow you to go the other way .

vincienup
    Free Member

Oh. Sorry, misread.

Even so, it does depend on the hub I think. If the hub is designed as Boost natively then yep, it’s not getting any smaller, but if the +10mm is in the endcaps not the shell then there’s no reason why not, except that as earlier point if it’s +5mm either side to keep everything central then the disc mount would need shimming too.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Thanks for the info guy’s.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘mavic adapter 110 hub to 100?’ is closed to new replies.