Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Subarachnoid haemorrhage
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

I worry unhealthily about suffering from the above. I’ve lost an uncle, a colleague and a neighbour and know several others who have suffered and survived.

Is this cerebral accident common or have I experienced an above average occurrence?

Does anybody else worry unduly about suffering from this?

It’s bugging me.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Not if you are looking after yourself regarding the main aggravating causes!
    No point in unduly worrying about death,mist going to occur at some point just do what you can to minimise it!

son-of-mike
    Free Member

I had one about 6 months ago. No family history, no lifestyle factors and no aneurysms. Was told “it’s just one of those things”. Hmm. Anyway, various checks done and scheduled. I’m feeling fine and entering a string of events this spring. Do I think about it? Sometimes. Does it worry me? No. At least I’ve had/am having various scans/checks done so there’s some medical evidence to justify my not worrying.

chewkw
    Free Member

If your time is Not up yet then nothing can kill you.

If your time is up no matter how healthy you are you will die.

Stop worrying and carry on a healthy happy lifestyle.

p/s: one of my colleague died suddenly when she had a headache. It happened during a meeting and she felt a severe headache so went out to take some fresh air and to have a smoke. She then suddenly dropped to the floor and died instantly.

jag61

had one over 30 years ago been fine ever since, i believe it was from heading (badly) a heavy wet leather football with a massive hangover, the haemorrhage only happened 2 weeks after that! had op, artery clipped sorted. Consultant said not uncommon for 20y.o. people Feel kind of lucky really 😀 no family history of that sort of thing, seems to be MI that do for my male line 🙁
    HTH john

johnners
    Free Member

If your time is Not up yet then nothing can kill you.

If your time is up no matter how healthy you are you will die.

So what you’re saying is if you’re not going to die you won’t die, and if you are going to die you will die.

Thanks for clearing that up.

jag61

had one over 30 years ago been fine ever since, i believe it was from heading (badly) a heavy wet leather football with a massive hangover, the haemorrhage only happened 2 weeks after that! had op, artery clipped sorted. Consultant said not uncommon for 20y.o. people Feel kind of lucky really 😀 no family history of that sort of thing, seems to be MI that do for my male line 🙁
    not exactly a spontaneous event butHTH john

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Subarachnoid haemorrhage’ is closed to new replies.