Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sub £50 helmet mountable light – whats best?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

USed the original DX 900 lumen light last night and whilst bright lack focus. I am thinking of relegating this to the bars and getting a light for helmet mounting. Must be a spot (not flood) 900 lumens (ish), be helmet mountable, not sure to get the 20 quid torch, 30 quid DX spot version, or something else?? what is out there?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

or where to get anew smooth refelctro for my current light – orange peel atm – does that make it less focussed?

steveh

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230665378245?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

This, mine was £34 and took 2 weeks to arrive. Brighter than my hope 4 led on the bars and works well. Battery is small and cable means it just sits in my camelbak. Very good indeed IMHO.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

any chance i could have a look in “real life” steve? compare to my similar dx light?

Northwind

The Magicshine XML is very spotlighty… Not neccesarily a bad thing but it’s not really to my taste. The very bright centre spot makes my perfectly decent P7 bar light seem pretty useless, the contrasts are too high.

But if you actually do want a very bright spotlight, it’s your winner. And even if you don’t, it’s still effective, just not perfect.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

northwind – have we been here before? do you want to swap reflector?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

bump

Northwind

We could give it a crack… Swap first to try, and then if we both agree make it permanent?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

ok, email me if ya want

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sub £50 helmet mountable light – whats best?’ is closed to new replies.