Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Sub-£100 turbo trainer recommendtions
  • Legoman
    Free Member

In a desperate attempt to retain some modicum of fitness over the winter I’ve got myself a cheapie road bike with the intetion of sticking it on a trainer in the garage.

There’s a 50/50 chance I’ll hate it and only do it twice, so to keep cost/risk to a minimum, can anyone recommend a cheap turbo?

Does this look any good:

linky

Alternatively, if anyone’s looking to sell one….

sandwicheater

Looks like a copy of the Elite one which has been fine. My first turbo trainer and fine for the occasional use it gets.

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/turbo-trainers/trainers/elite-magnetic-cycle-trainer?rmsrc=1&cm_mmc=GooglePPC-_-PACS%20-%20Accessories%20-%20Product-_-Elite%20Magnetic%20Cycle%20Trainer%20Exact-_-Text%20Ad&source=ppc&_$ja=tsid:57505|cid:196777747|agid:11409249187|tid:kwd-31651442284|crid:79003301467|nw:g|rnd:6500259330301271771|dvc:c|adp:1t1

Can be had from ebay for much cheapness.

cheekyget
    Free Member

I got one of these for sale if your interested http://www.pedal-pedal.co.uk/cycleops-wind-trainer-2015.html?gclid=CIfnx5n4xsgCFSLnwgoddkwKYw
    It’s wind resistance ….the faster you pedal the harder it gets!!

federalski
    Free Member

I’ve a cycleops jet fluid 2 turbo I have been meaning to sell if you happen to be near Glasgow, I do not want to post it.

whitestone
    Free Member

Don’t forget to factor in the cost of a subscription to something like Sufferfest or Trainerroad, they make turbo training bearable if not easy.

Even with a “structured” workout session set up on my Garmin, thirty minutes was about as much as I could stand but I often used to get to twenty minutes and give up. Started with Trainerroad last year and hour long sessions really don’t seem that bad.

jet26
    Free Member

Got a tacx one wit cable adjusted resistance looking to sell if interested.

Based between Sheffield and Leeds.

mcnultycop

I’ve got the yellow one below in the OP link. £35 collected from Oldham.

Legoman
    Free Member

Cheers for the offers, but I’m in Hertfordshire so not local to any of you guys.

avdave2

I bought that Elite one recently and it seems fine for what I want which is pretty similar to you. I still cycle to work and run over the winter but don’t do many longer rides so wanted something just to give my legs a cycling workout. The running is great for the cardio system but not much good for the legs when it comes to cycling. I bought the kit with the riser block and water bottle when Halfords were having a 10% off flash sale and with BC discount it came to £81 which seemed worth the risk. Mines in front of the telly so hopefully more chance of me using it.

cheekyget
    Free Member

Best training video I found was on utube….this …. http://youtu.be/zSFYRiqodvU

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Sub-£100 turbo trainer recommendtions’ is closed to new replies.