Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Stylus Tablet – what to get
  • Xylene
    Free Member

Mrs Q has finally admitted to standing on my Surface Pro 3, 5 months after I got it and breaking the digitzer.

It can still be used as a laptop, with the touch screen turned off.

M$ want nearly 300quid for a refurb swap and after watching some of the CES videos there appear to be a few coming out soon.

So STW hive mind do I:

Replace Surface Pro 3

Or get either

Lenovo Yoga X1
    Lenovo Yoga 900s
    Samsung Tab S Pro
    HP something or other.
    Surface Pro 4

Or the smaller Surface 3 – which seems a good price now.

Yes I want an active stylus, I loved the way I could take notes with my SP3 – I’ve missed it since MrsQ broke mine, and I’ve only not changed it due to being a stubborn git and tight.

somouk
    Free Member

Surface pro 4 and get the Mrs to pay!

molgrips
    Free Member

We looked at these, and the Surface Pen and its associated apps (ie MS Word in drawing mode) didn’t seem to have much competition.

Personally I’d have the refurb swap, since the other options aren’t free and are substantially not as good, imo.

Xylene
    Free Member

Swap is still 300 quid, although pricing I have seen so far for the Samsung is near 800, I imagine the X1 is going to closer to 1000, 900s will probably be the same

New Surface 3 128gb with cover is about 400. Does leave me a wth a broken sruface pro 3 as a laptop for other duties with the young un, but I lose screen size.

molgrips
    Free Member

Ah you had a pro, didn’t see that. Definitely the refurb then, if it were me.

However are you sure about that price for the non-pro 3? We could only get the 64gb for £420 on its own.

Xylene
    Free Member

Yup at current exchange rates – 438 quid surface 3 128gb/ 4gb ram with type cover included

Xylene
    Free Member

Just spotted a discount code for another 20 quid off it as well. Whisky powered purchase says yes.

molgrips
    Free Member

Where you buying from?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Stylus Tablet – what to get’ is closed to new replies.