Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • STWers who work in London
  • Karinofnine

Would you like to meet for lunch one day this week?

I work in WC2, and, because I am a mere minion :lol:, I can only have an hour for lunch, so I can't mission off anywhere far.

Karinofnine

Ok, that'll be NO then ! 😆

molgrips
    Free Member

I would, but I'm not there 🙂

tiger_roach
    Free Member

Londoners aren't so friendly it seems.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I would, but you are a mere minion 😐

……..and I'm working in Croydon.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ah, what?

Lunchtime isn't really practical, because by the time you've met up and found somewhere to eat, it's time to go back to work.

After work drinks is a more realistic prospect. I'd be up for that.

Apart from the fact that I live in Wolverhampton, apparently.

Ahem.

psychle
    Free Member

I could well be up for a after work drink, I'm North London based 🙂

aP
    Free Member

E&S – are you a Snetter?

Lunchtimes don't work – no one can get there in time.

crikey
    Free Member

Elf, the scrotty bit of Poplar, Wolverhampton by any slender chance?

🙂

zebardy
    Free Member

Yer, kind of hard for me to make lunch. Tho + 1 for after work.

allthepies
    Free Member

A tentative +1 for after work shenanigans.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

after work good

vinnyeh

me too could be up for an after 'work' drink.

BigDummy
    Free Member

[swoops]

I'd be up for lunch. But [/swoop aborted] I'm pretty stuffed at work this week then leaving London. Hmmm.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

BigDummy; how about a 'leaving London' drinks evening? As good enough an excuse as any, I reckon!

I really don't need much of an excuse to have a pint, tbh…

molgrips
    Free Member

I could make it to London, in theory. Thursday night maybe.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Elf, the scrotty bit of Poplar, Wolverhampton by any slender chance?

Shh….

Yeah we should have a STW London drinks night. Can't believe no-one has thought of this before…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

E&S – are you a Snetter?

Erm , yes. No! What?

Jezkidd
    Free Member

I'm in London most days, would be up fer lunch, also up fir drinks if drinks are looking like the favoured option: always up for drinks. Usually work in Westminster btw

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yeah we should have a STW London drinks night. Can't believe no-one has thought of this before..

Indeed. Beer in London Village. Who'd of thought it?

atlaz
    Free Member

Weeeeeeeeeeest London (well, near Uxbridge) working for me, in town rarely.

kimbers

i work in sw3 but happy to meet up all over

Tiger6791

In London, but meeting people I have no idea who they are just seems wierd!

I don't know why, but meeting up for rides seems fine, meeting up for lunch/drinks just feels very odd?

Is this just me?

molgrips
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with meeting for drinks.

I miss it, actually.

Karinofnine

Getting back home for my dog is the reason I suggested lunch time BUT I guess I could absolutely owe my Dobermann-doting friend a million favours and stay behind for a jar or two after work…

Thursday and Friday this week would be out as aforesaid friend is away Thursday for the weekend. That leaves Tues-Wed this week or all of next.

What does everyone think?

Ernie – Croydon – I live just down the road from you – ha ha ha, look out for being stalked by a minion (only on Mondays tho, I don't work that day he he ha ha ha ha ha…..)

simon_g

I head straight across London to jump on a train and go out the other side. So a no to lunch, drinks would be good though especially somewhere with enough room for me to tuck my Brompton away.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I live just down the road from you

Yeah I know you do 🙂

And I've never figured out why you have never gone on any Addiscombe CC bike rides 😕

Specially as we often end up in your neck of the woods – Warlingham …..ever been to the "Wall of Death" ?
    It's just round the corner from you on the way to Titsey Hill

Wall of Death

And if it's important to you, we do sometimes get ladies on the rides. In fact last Sunday 4 ladies came on that ride …..pictures on this thread :

http://www.addiscombe.org/members/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11670&sid=3a70727a7945ec26ae6da89a3f26837f

GTDave
    Free Member

EC3 for me, Aldgate massiv!!

allthepies
    Free Member

EC4, keepin' it real.

Stoner
    Free Member

W1 here. You lot are just plebs.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well I reckon somewhere central. Midweek is good, as Fridays are mental in town. Obviously somewhere that's got secure bike locking facilities. Outside seating would be a bonus.

No whine bars though please. I think most of us would prefer beer, no? And you can get whine in pubs anyway.

Karinofnine

Ernie, I'd love to come out riding with you guys. When I first moved here I posted up for ride buddies but no-one local answered, so I have been riding alone. Your links don't work for me, but I'll try to get onto your club site another way.

About the drinks. I'm going to start another thread, with London and Drinks in the title, to make it clearer for others.

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

rockin N6, always looking for riding buds

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

When I first moved here I posted up for ride buddies but no-one local answered, so I have been riding alone.

😕

#
    ernie_lynch – Member

If you've got decent lights Karinofnine, there's a ride tomorrow at 7pm from East Croydon station. I'm not sure of the route, but it will probably be around Croham Hurst, Shirley Hills, and Farliegh, sort-of-way…….so all fairly easy to get back to Warlingham.

http://www.addiscombe.org/members/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10627&sid=0600c28d1341eb1a61c62802be56ef10
    Posted 6 months ago #

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/riding-on-24-january-north-downs#post-1040134

Your links don't work for me, but I'll try to get onto your club site another way.

Google : addiscombe forum

Karinofnine

I can't usually come out on a work night (I know I'm trying to arrange drinks on a work night – but this is unusual and will require asking for help which I hate doing) anyway, I don't get home til 10 past 7 earliest.

pk-ripper
    Free Member

Ec3 here. I think i probably owe the dummy a beer for his general good humour.

As for frednsafety, count me out.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ah come on PK, don't be like that! 🙂

duntmatter
    Free Member

N1 or SE1 for me. Next week..drinks yes, lunch can't.

What about the pub we ended up in after a pootle, where they had roasties on the bar? Somewhere very near Tower Bridge, if memory serves me.

nickf
    Free Member

WC2 is Holborn, right?

I'm in W2, so lunch is difficult unless I happen to be right in the City for a meeting. As with most others, an after work drink is easier.

McQ
    Free Member

Karinofnine & ernie_lynch I too am based in Croydon… for my sins.

Can't do riding at the mo as I still haven't replaced my stolen hardtail 😥 but would be up/around for drinks locally or central (but I'm with the others can't manage lunch).

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘STWers who work in London’ is closed to new replies.