• This topic has 47 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by chip.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Stwers who have short arms and long pockets.
  • Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Post Offices often do budget food options. Not the healthiest, but:

Broken biscuits on a box*

Walnut-less walnut whips in a bag**

I have seen a pack of Raspberry Ruffles yet cannot be sure if it was discounted or just another weird throwback without the 70s price-tag.

*You most likely will not be able to re-join them, so just enjoy the random-ness. That said, finding a whole choc biscuit amidst the big white inner-bag which contains biscuitgeddon … is the most indescribably triumphant feeling.

**If you actually like walnuts and have spare walnuts then you may actually correct the defective whips. Melt the chocolate on the whip with a lighter (or similar) and smartly affix the 70’s-flavoured nut to the top. I sometimes play a few Devo tunes whilst affixing. Youtube is arguably cheaper than CDs even with the wifi.

Also cook masses of fiid and freeze it.

Use cash not card. Work to a tight budget. Put the weekly shop budget (in cash) in a box at start of the week. If it’s gone it’s gone.

perchypanther
    Free Member

. I sometimes play a few Devo tunes whilst affixing.

Walnut Whip it?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

^ No, ‘Girl U Want’ and ‘Jocko Homo’, but ISWYDT! Sharp!

chip
    Free Member

Is am really angry with myself,
    Since picking up my car I have googled how much all parts charge for the parts, that’s would charge me (I am sure quick fit would get a discount).

I have been well and truelly mugged off, i am angry with myself knowing I am now officially the manager of my local quick fits bitch.
    While one guy was ringing up for parts pricing and the manager turned to me and said “for that it’s going to be expensive” why did I not walk out then. I have been played like a fiddle.

Damn you quick fit (shaking fist)

choppersquad
    Free Member

You should have gone to Kwik Fit.
    It might have been cheaper?

chip
    Free Member

That’s why I come here, for some light relief.

aracer
    Free Member

A bit late now, but worth remembering for next time – ask on here before agreeing to get stuff done on your car – and I’m tempted to add don’t take your car to Quick Fit (or Kwik Fit).

I would have commented earlier, but it seemed it was a bit late already.

chip
    Free Member

Noted, I think both my car suddenly sounding like an amphibious tank and the exhaust hanging down in two pieces made me feel like it was an emergency situation.

I do have a mechanic locally I use now who has saved me a fortune on work Compared to prices quoted by main dealers. But I did not even think to use him.

I will put it down to experience

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Stwers who have short arms and long pockets.’ is closed to new replies.