Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • STWDADS/MUMSNET – 3 year olds and vomiting in sleep
  • toys19
    Free Member

So last night we had 3/4 of the house puking with some bug or other. It started with my 3.5 year old girl puking in her sleep and choking which woke me. In the nick of time.

Later on she puked more whilst asleep again, only this time I was awake beside her so it was OK, but essentially vomiting failed to wake her. (A warm shower did tho)

Last time she had the voms she did this too. Is this a feature of 3.5 year olds and will she grow out of it or am I destined to lose my daughter at some stage in the future in a Jimi/John Bonham/Bon Scott style ending?

Murray

Mine usually wake up but on occaisions have vomitted in their sleep. They insist on sleeping on their fronts (I know, not allowed but they keep turning over if you put them on their backs) with knees up near their chins so seem to self clear.

toys19
    Free Member

yeah mine sleeps on her back

Wookster

Blimey, can you prop her on her side with a towel or blanket? Think recovery position?

toys19
    Free Member

Yeah did that, rolling over occurs.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

If you couldn’t wake her without the shower, I’d be off to the doctors. IMO

Its probably nothing, but better safe and all that.

toys19
    Free Member

She’s fine now, hasn’t puked since 5am, eaten lunch and supper. I was just thinking of the future I hope she grows out of it, otherwise I’m goign to to have to follow her around for her whole adult life and watch her in her sleep..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘STWDADS/MUMSNET – 3 year olds and vomiting in sleep’ is closed to new replies.