Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • STW voice analysts and acoustic engineers – ASSEMBLE!
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is there something scientific about the way an American accent can seemingly override any other noise? No matter how loud any background or ambient noise may be. No matter how far away the voice is coming from.

The most powerful sound in the world?

“And I was like no way! And she was like I know! And it was like amazing. Oh. My. Gawd!”

Pook

Edited as my original comment could have been misconstrued as a dig at the OP, which was absolutely not my intention.

aP
    Free Member

Don’t you remember, “Shock and Awe?”
    It’s the same as braying men wearing red trousers, yah? Massive sense of entitlement and an inability to realise that anyone else exists.

footflaps

Don’t worry, Dear Leader will be Nuking them back to the stone age very soon….

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Edited as my original comment could have been misconstrued as a dig at the OP, which was absolutely not my intention.

Spoilsport.

Anyway, is it not mostly a regional thing? Like the way Brummie cuts through the still evening air like a samurai’s blade through an eardrum?

….thinking mainly female New York.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GBgz93-4rk[/video]

munrobiker
    Free Member

My wife is American and if we are in a cafe, restaurant or similar she is, without fail, the loudest person in the place. I don’t know how she does it, she is only small and speaks at a normal volume at home. It must be hard wired into them.

And, no, she doesn’t have a massive sense of entitlement aP 🙄

5thElefant
    Free Member

Get my wife with her sisters and the Americans would learn the true meaning of shock and awe. I handed out earplugs to grateful party goers one new year.

And they’re not American.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘STW voice analysts and acoustic engineers – ASSEMBLE!’ is closed to new replies.