Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • Stw trail centre stereotypes!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Funny, first time I’ve rode a trail centre on a sunny Saturday morning and I have to admit I saw quite a few of the types mentioned on here!!

ojom
    Free Member

Did you have fun?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

How do you know they worked in IT?

br
    Free Member

and drove Skoda’s?

househusband

In my (positive) experience, mountain biking is a great leveller whether at a trail centre or elsewhere…

loddrik
    Free Member

I bet you had fun knowing that you were far superior to them on their shiny bikes. I mean, they were obviously all shite riders too…

The true hardcore never ride trail centres.

wrightyson
    Free Member

No just flicked on the phone to look at some vids from today and thought I’d post!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

The true hardcore never ride

FTFY

loddrik
    Free Member

At the end of the day, they were probably having more fun in their non judgemental ways. So who is laughing more…

Holyzeus
    Free Member

loddrik – Member
    At the end of the day, they were probably having more fun in their non judgemental ways. So who is laughing more

+1

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i’m still baffled, and slightly saddened, that it bothers people what others choose to do/wear/ride etc. why should it matter to you?
    live your own life, and leave others to live theirs.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Loddrik at what point was I judgemental you div?? I just made a statement regarding the stick “trail weekend warriors” get on here! Personally I couldn’t give a **** so longs we all have the crack!!

DrT
    Free Member

Did you fit the STW stereotype?

ahwiles
    Free Member

so which stereotype describes you?

edit: too slow!

me? – i play with a few stereotypes, sometimes i’m ‘overbiked’ – sometimes i’m singlespeeding, sometimes i’m a hardtail evangelist.

i’ve even been known to indulge in whooping and high-fives!

godzilla
    Free Member

What is the Stw trail centre stereotype?

ahwiles
    Free Member

well, you start off by arriving in your audi/octavia/passat estate…

any audi will do, but if it’s a skoda it must be an octavia, and if it’s a VW it must be a passat estate.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

😳

Octavia VRS – check

wrightyson
    Free Member

So as ahwiles said, that’s all the usual stuff that gets spouted on here!! I was all in black, caning my one bike and yes gave it a few whoops out loud as we got air! The main thing i couldn’t believe was how busy it was!!

DrT
    Free Member

What is the Stw trail centre stereotype?

I think Urban Dictionary sums it up pretty well:-

Singletrackworld

wrightyson
    Free Member

And I came in a tranny 😉

DrT
    Free Member

And I came in a tranny

Its not often you hear someone admit to that!

khani
    Free Member

singletrackworld
    A website populated by portly mid life crisis sufferers with delusions of gradeur, who think that riding around on an expensive push bike somehow makes up for their dull job in engineering or IT.

Various cliques can be found on this website. The most amusing being the ones who pretend to like something purely so they can be on first name terms with a washed up ex bike journalist come budget bike company owner or some muppet who draws pictures of sheep and waffles on in a pretentious manner. The actual condiment is more entertaining.
    “I’m an overwieght, stuffy, pompous engineer with a lack of personality is there anywhere I can go to have petty arguements with people just like me?”
    “Of course there is, try singletrackworld”
    238 45

singletrackworld
    An online home for middle aged, middle/upper class, predominantly English xc jey boy mincers whose idea of mountain biking consists of grinding around the country side in brightly coloured lycra on titanium singlespeed rigid ego chariots.

The typical singtrackworld member can usually be spotted in trail centre carparks standing beside their Audi, loudly boasting about the three foot drop they “nailed” with ease thanks to their new £5000 6inch all mountain bike, or how they “smoked some downhillers” whilst riding their rigid on-one wearing a blindfold on the black route.

Inwardly the average singletrackmember would love to posses more skills than the ability to negotiate a technical climb, in reality this means acquiring actual bike handling skills. To cover up their utter lack of ability on a bike they pour scorn on any style riding which isnt utterly boring.
    “Hey john, where did you get that fancy new bike?” “Its actually not new at all, I bought it off some **** with more money than sense on singletrackworld. He clearly couldnt ride for toffee, just like the rest of those asshats”
    😆

And I came in a tranny

. 😯

ahwiles
    Free Member

wrightyson – Member

… The main thing i couldn’t believe was how busy it was!!

more and more people are realising that bikes are ace! and that grown ups can play too.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yep very open minded of you at least loddrik in their non judgemental ways wont mind as at leats it was not a woman 😉

Rorschach
    Free Member

After an extended period working at a well known and particulary busy trail centre I can tell you I’ve seen them all.And I have a deeply skewed view of what ‘modern’ moutainbiking is!

hh45
    Free Member

I don’t like trail centres much but two weeks ago Afan was fairly dry and good fun whereas today in Surrey Hills it was muddy as hell and I felt bad from start to finish for adding further to the erosion and general cutting up of the trails and landscape. That said the Peaslake shop is a lot better than the now closed Glyncorryg cafe.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Junkyard was that as in me being open minded? Like I said I couldn’t give a ****, was just observing what others had stated before!

tazzymtb

I especially love observing the gentlemen of a more portly stature who do a lap at a bimble and then eat a massive cooked breakfast and some cake and some energy drink and then wonder why they are getting fatter.

As long as we’re all having fun though who gives a monkeys gonad, all riding is good. 😀

loddrik
    Free Member

I’ll take the worst trail centre over a thousand surrey hills…

Tazzy, why didn’t you just come and say hello…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

they were probably having more fun

more fun than what ? Can different people compare their fun levels ?

loddrik
    Free Member

More fun than an open casket funeral…

Kevevs
    Free Member

Audi estate, very expensive new bikes, LOTS of faffage, gadgets and serious faces.

EDIT: ahh, someone posted it above

tazzymtb

loddrik- next time i’m in the clwyds i’ll drop you an email if you fancy an ellsworths day out

loddrik
    Free Member

Tazzy, our paths are destined to cross at some point.

Should increase the calorific value of north wales for a short while if nothing else 😆

AlasdairMc

Househusband has it spot on. It’s an activity open to all, why should anyone judge anyone else for what or where they ride or some perceived stereotype based on taking someone on first impression?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I want to become more of a stereotype. It’ll save time when working out whether people should like me or not… I just need to choose which sterotype I want to be.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Fun? 😉

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

portly mid life crisis sufferers with delusions of gradeur [sic], who think that riding around on an expensive push bike somehow makes up for their dull job in engineering or IT.

I’m English, 42 with a little round tum. Have a challenging job that combines Engineering AND IT from which riding provides a ready escape. I have two moderately priced XC mincer bikes. My delusions are far from grand!

BTW. the author of that particular vitriol can’t spell “grandeur”. I suppose that is to be expected from someone who posts on Urban Dictionary.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

buzz – If you really want to be pedantic about the UD entry then it failed to mention that all STWers are very pedantic… 😉

loddrik
    Free Member

No they’re not. Prove it…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Stw trail centre stereotypes!’ is closed to new replies.