Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)
  • STW Southern Shandy Drinkers Purbeck Ride, April 24th….
  • mboy
    Free Member

What's the postcode and/or address of the carpark in Sandbanks?

Can't quite remember exactly how to get there you see!

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Banks Road Poole BH13, or if you're coming from the South west, you could meet us the other side of the ferry.

mmb
    Free Member

sorry rusty, will be working monday, but try to include franks tank and godlingston hill, old harry and the square and compass if you can, let me know what you come up with.

mmb
    Free Member

free parking on ferry rd if you're coming from that direction

Slogo
    Free Member

went over the purbecks today with mmb and adam, hope the weather is good as today, it will be a fantastic ride.

2 weeks today!

DrP

mmb – pretty sure all those landmars will be included!

DrP

HarveyStedham
    Free Member

Yep ill be there too!! Mine and Al's (slogo) first STW ride!

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Preview ride tomorrow morning if anyone's around. Half nine, tennish at the ferry if we can get away from wives and babies :-).

DrP

We'll both have been up for several hours by the time we kick off – curse these early morning waking babies!

DrP

Slogo
    Free Member

wish i wasnt working, weather is looking ok for tomorrow no rain!

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Dr P today

psychle
    Free Member

Can you guys let me know if Mudeford Spit is far away from the end point of this ride? Thinking about renting a Beach Hut for the night 🙂

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Take you best part of half an hour in a car from Mudeford to Sandbanks at a weekend, bit of a crap drive traffic wise.

mmb
    Free Member

or ride along the prom for lovely coastal views from right around the corner

DrP

Sorry for the delay, but some beautiful pics from our prelim ride on Monday:

Wish you were ere? You can be in a week and a half!

DrP

lexiekay
    Free Member

that first photo is definitely nice 😀
    its making me think i might have to clean my bike though…

mmb
    Free Member

i see the franks tank photo and i ask is it now ok to ride are the wicker fences still there?

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Fences are still there, but the detour bits are getting better to ride. The sectioned off lines are in pretty bad shape and need a repair and a rest.
    With the dry weather it's getting a bit sandy, as my venture over the bars into a gorse bush proved :oops:.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Boing!! It's still sunny.

XC_PK
    Free Member

I was pottering around Old Harry today and yesterday it is really nice! I rode the ridge from Corfe Castle down to Studland via Swanage (where I went right not left to get up to the obalisk (sp)…) and then back along the same ridge to get back to CC. I was on the white Commencal with white shoes, helmet and jersey if anyone spotted me!

rOcKeTdOg

mmb
    Free Member

Bring your camera's
    😀

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

And your suntan lotion and ice-cream money. Kiss me quick hats are optional.

DrP

RD – I love that pic! The descent to Old Harry's is brill – me and R-T didn't do it last monday – had crying babies to get back to! Looking forward to it on Sat 🙂

DrP

soma_rich
    Free Member

Ahhh balls I have Daniel this weekend I am not fit enough to haul him around on his Tag-a-long 🙁

Next time…

29erKeith
    Free Member

There'll be plenty out in the area, Runners and Riders will be all over with Questars Adventure Race

Keep an eye out for a Kermit Green Niner, that'll be me, probably won't have a chance to stop though, aiming for a good finish in the race.

piha
    Free Member

Those photo's look chuffing great. I'll be coming along for my first STW jaunt and I am really looking forward to it. Is there going to be two groups?

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

I would like to see one group for social reasons, but we'll have to see who turns up and how fit they are feeling and how far they want to ride.

The pub stop is at the far end of the ride, so shortening the ride for a slow group would mean missing out on that. The loop including Old Harry and the obelisk climb could be skipped to shorten at the end if necessary for people out of steam or needing to get home.

psychle
    Free Member

Still think we might head down for this, leaving London at 7am on the train, gets us to Parkway at 0955 or thereabouts, this'll be OK to get to the ferry in time (1030)?

MMB, don't suppose we could dump a bag at yours before heading onwards (you mentioned you're 5 min from the station)?

Also, can anyone recommend a nice £50 (or thereabouts) B & B for Saturday night?

Finally, is anyone definitely doing the BHF ride on Sunday? Can a local advise how far out of town the starting point is, we'll need to ride there as we won't have a car 🙂

cheers 8)

piha
    Free Member

psychle,

You don't state where you want to stay but you could try the Kingston Country Courtyard in… er… Kingston. A bit over budget but looks nice and always seems popular. The Square & Compass is within striking distance too.

mmb
    Free Member

psychle, 1/2 hour to the meeting point is more than enough, taking a bag back to mine will cut it fine but sure no prob, will meet you and anyone else at parkstone station (not parkway) at 10am.

DrP

Me and Rusty'll be coming down in his van, so (speaking on his behalf…) I'm sure it'll be OK to leave a bag in his van.

Parkstone is only 15 min ride away from the car park, so should be fine for meeting time!

I'll PM my mob number so you can contact us on the day to give ETA!

DrP

oldfart

I'll be waiting t'other side of the ferry at 1030 and 2 others are coming from wurzel central if thats ok ?

cinnamon_girl

Can I just check that there will be a Slackers Ride?

oldfart

Elaine i think thats EVERYBODY ! 😆

thegerminator
    Free Member

Two more joining the fray
    from across the border in
    devon for our first strack
    ride!

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

I'm as slack as it can be c_g. 😛 If the numbers are big we'll run 2 groups, if it's not too bad we can run 1 big one (there's always a bit of flexibility to splinter off if needed).

Would be good to avoid the old 'handshakes and hellos then not see you again all day' scenario that could occur by splitting into fast and slow.

cinnamon_girl

How many pub stops did we manage the last time? 😉

A certain person provided entertainment in the garden. 😉

Really looking forward to this, once I get off that damn ferry. 🙄

GreatWhyte
    Free Member

Hi,
    so was that 10.30 on the ferry road side?

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Leaving the car park at 10.30. Meet at 10.00. Any later and we'll be out all evening.

Although we will stop for a pint, a cafe stop is not planned. A flying visit to the bakery in Corfe Castle an hour into the ride is scheduled, otherwise bring some grubbage.

Ferry is £1.80 return. Car park was £2 all day last week but summer prices kick in soon so bring a bit extra just in case.

Please be self sufficient, remember this is a group of people meeting to go for a bike ride, not an organised event. So if you think you will need some spare parts, food and drink, suntan lotion or a first aid kit, please bring them along.

P.S. to any northern visitors, please beware, the sun may be out.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘STW Southern Shandy Drinkers Purbeck Ride, April 24th….’ is closed to new replies.