Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • STW search function
  • molgrips
    Free Member

This is a bit of a forum whinge, for which I apologise in advance.

I was looking for this thread so I could share the video with someone. I knew the title was something about racing CX so I searched for what I thought it was, no hits fair enough.

However then I searched for threads with “cx” in the title and got a few hits but not this thread.

What gives? I searched STW using google and got it straight away. Ok so I know Google is advanced but my title search should have worked…

nbt

I reckon it’s due to the length of your search term, the shorter the term the greater the chance of multiple matches so there’s usually a minimum length on search terms. CX being two letters would normally be discounted

derp
    Free Member
    molgrips
    Free Member

Ah yes.. probably right.

maccruiskeen

Was the forum search not scaled back/ re-jigged a wee while ago – when the atmosphere gets a bit trolly and argumentative everyone starts searching old threads to trawl up old arguments and the server falls over, so it might be a bit more streamlined now.

nickjb
    Free Member

Google is much better at searching the forums here.

Cougar

You can force Google to search a single website using the site: command. Eg, for the search you wanted:

cx site:www.singletrackworld.com

or better yet,

cx race site:www.singletrackworld.com/forum/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘STW search function’ is closed to new replies.