Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 109 total)
  • STW Scotland ride – follow up to Stuartie C cairngorm thread
  • clareymorris

Not trying to hijack thread, but for those of you unable to make this date, I'm starting another Torridon thread…we going up Friday 25th September for 2 days riding Sat and Sun, then doing the Fort William red downhill on the way back down on the Monday 🙂

jojoA1
    Free Member

Anyone else ever stayed at Gerry's Bunkhouse in Achnashellach? It's rather good/interesting. Oh, and much cheapness. Where were people thinking of for accommodation?

*starts considering outfit options*

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Me too. Perhaps I could wear my Transalp Finisher's top…

😀

jojoA1
    Free Member

And I'll wear my Megavalanche jersey 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

jojoA1 – Member

Anyone else ever stayed at Gerry's Bunkhouse in Achnashellach? It's rather good/interesting. Oh, and much cheapness. Where were people thinking of for accommodation?

Interesting?? Well, it certainly has character 🙂

radoggair
    Free Member

Roll call.

Me. woohoo. Who else is coming??

steelytail
    Free Member

I'm up for it.

radoggair
    Free Member

thats 2!!

bigdugsbaws doesn't know it but he'll be there, maybe Jimmy??

Thats 3 and (maybe) 4

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Fitness permitting i will be there.

Planning on heading to Inners on Friday afternoon to see how the knees are if you are not working.

radoggair
    Free Member

i could make inners on friday, weather permitting obviuosly. text me n keep me updated dude

Smee
    Free Member

I am up for Torridon and maybe also Inners on Friday. What time you thinking for friday?

radoggair
    Free Member

11 ish sound good??

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Radoggair and the rest. Completely lost track of this. Which weekend are we talking about? Definitely up for it, depending on the weather. Torridon in wind and rain is not a place to be.

Clareymorris, would also be up for the weekend of the 26th/27th. Unemployed at the moment, so trying to get in as much riding as possible.

Have done three of the routes put up by Stuart. Big loop – best in the world. Ben Damph circuit – pretty good. Coire Mhic Fearchear – mmmm

Kit
    Free Member

I'm tentatively up for this (depending on time off work, whether I still have a car) – has anyone looked at accommodation yet for those who are staying overnight?

Smee
    Free Member

Should be able to do 11. If not i'll catch up with you all. 😀

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

jojoA1 – Member

I could wear my tweeds 🙂

ijs445ra
    Free Member

I am working Friday morning at present, so likely to be nearer 1:30 can either try and get the rest of the day off or meet you at the start of your second lap?

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Never mind the bl**dy time – which weekend??

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Torridon ride is weekend of 29/30 August

There is possibly a ride this Friday at Inners as well at 11am.

radoggair – i am off all day so will be at Inners at 11 no matter what the weather is like.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Thanks ijs445ra. OK, I am potentially on for that depending on what arrangements Mrs M has. Whats the deal on timing, routes, accomodation etc?

radoggair
    Free Member

Thanks ijs445ra. OK, I am potentially on for that depending on what arrangements Mrs M has. Whats the deal on timing, routes, accomodation etc?

Where: Torridon
    When: Saturday 29th August
    Time: 10am
    Route: Stuart C to confirm and post

Since i'm unsure about the area then Stuart c will (hopefully) be on here to confirm where we're meeting and what route we're doing for definite.
    Does anyone else know places for staying/camping??

clareymorris

Did the dates change on this? We are going up that weekend too 🙂 Tell you what I'll read the whole lot again and get up to speed!!!!

No we are not, we are going up end of Sept…………Friday the 25th!!! I was confused there for a mo.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Here he is! Hallelujah!

This has kinda crept up on me, but that goes with the territory when you have 6 weeks of teachers' holidays and time just trickles by like treacle. It was a big shock to the system to find myself in a classroom today with actual children hungry for learnin'

Sooooo…

How about we meet at 10am in the car park in Glen Torridon (NG957568) at 10am on Saturday. Route depends on weather. If it's pishin' doon (unlikely, I know) we'll do the Loch Damh route, but if it's looking good we'll get in about the Coulin Forest.

Radoggair's the boss on this one since he's much better looking than me and a much better rider. He'll sort out all the accommodation for us, I'm sure.

13thfloormonk

Boooo….

For all those staying away for fear of being crashed into by a careering eejit on a Charge, fear not, i can't make it. 🙁

radoggair
    Free Member

close but basic campsite

applecross inn– about 20km away
    torridon inn– very close
    bikers welcome hotel– quite close i think

firstly, yes yes yes i am horrendously good looking (and witty), and amazing on a bike.

Hopefully i've got some nearby accommodation locations sorted on above links. If anyone else knows anymore pass it on. Also, if you've booked or are gonna book somewhere you can also let us know so hopefully get most of us in one place. There's campsite listing as well, the only 1 which i could find which was close. It sounds quite basic, is a donation to stay only but seems alright for a 1 night bunk

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Guys,

I've emailed Kinlochewe hotel to ask about bunkhouse availability. I'll post reply here when they get back to me. It's rather short notice but if they have any beds I'd jump at the chance because it's an ideal location and pretty cheap too.

It used to be the Pub With No Cheer, but I think it has undergone a change of management in recent years.

Who is a definite for this trip?

Smee
    Free Member

Cant make the Inners ride tomorrow. Heading up to Moray a bit earlier than expected. Have a good one.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Aye, but are you a definite for Torridon?

hairyscary

Is there gonna be a ride on the Sunday?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

I'm keen to get out on the Sunday as well if others are up for it. Might as well make a full weekend of it!

hairyscary

Cool. Myself and Jojo will be definates with the same plan as last time (riding alternate days) only with me not feeling like crap.
    We will probably stay in the Youth Hostel.

radoggair
    Free Member

s'pose can make sunday as well, may even stay over then hit fort bill on way home on monday………. y not, i am on holiday after all.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Reply from Kinlochewe Hotel:

Hello Stuart

On Friday 28th August we currently have 8 beds available in the bunkhouse and on the Saturday there are currently 6 beds available ( we also have availability in the hotel if that is of interest @ £40 per person per night).

The bunkhouse has full self catering facilities, showers, toilets, central heating and a drying room. Please note that all 12 bunks are in one room.

You are required to supply your own sleeping bag and towels. Cost is £12.50 per person per night.

Fill yer boots!

radoggair
    Free Member

The bunkhouse has full self catering facilities, showers, toilets, central heating and a drying room. Please note that all 12 bunks are in one room

Orgy it is then. Think i'll book myself a bunk for friday night, and saturday!! Who else may be staying there???

radoggair
    Free Member

Right,listen up pupils. Booked into the bunk house on friday and provisionally saturday night and was wonderin who else is staying there??

By looks of things there will be 6 or 7 of us going so is anyone else coming up for this??

jojoA1
    Free Member

Boo, we took the initiative too early and booked the youth hostel in Torridon village, other end of the Glen from Kinlochewe and no pub 🙁

What routes for Sat and Sun? (so Hairy and I can commence arguing over who does which one and which day in preference of child wrangling)

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Radoggair & Stuartie, I'll take a bunk too, I've got a pal who may come up too.

MC

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Excellent McM.

Just phone them up and get yourself in. I'm waiting on my mate to decide if he's coming or not so won't be booking until tomorrow.

Jojo, Matt – I'm planning on the Coulin circuit on Saturday if the weather is ok and the Loch Damh circuit on Sunday. I've got a couple of other ideas up my sleeve as well…

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Stuartie, is there a phone number for the bunkhouse? I've still got the bonk from an epic Pitlochry underwater ride. I dont have the motivation to look for it.

jimmy

OK, I'm keen but that weekend marks the start of a week away with msjimmy. We are planning to stay in Scotland, so I'd be up for this as we can start over that way. However, if the weather outlook looks pump we might be jumping on a last minute flight. So I'll book a bunk if there are any left, otherwise we'll camp nearby and sneak use of the shower maybe if thats OK. We'' leave a contribution behind the bar in return for beer.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘STW Scotland ride – follow up to Stuartie C cairngorm thread’ is closed to new replies.