Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • STW Scotland New year ride – Sat 2nd january 2010
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I'm thinking Aviemore area for the saturday, and sunday as well if folks can make it. There's loads of options in this area, and bunkhouses/hostels as well, but I ain't doing the burma road again!.

I'd be glad to do Carn Ban Mor again, as It'd be a popular choice, and it's a belting descent.

What do you all think?

cinnamon_girl

Blimey 😯

You're organised!

Kit
    Free Member

Will there not be a fair bit of snow up there at New Year? If there were enough of us, we could always have an Megavalanche type start down the mountain 😀

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

When you've got a 2 year old, you've gotta be, trust me! 😉

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Kit it's only a suggestion, if everyone wanted to head south or wherever, well so be it, just a suggestion. I just want to get the ball rolling, I had a great time at the last one of these I went to, at Glen Clova, even if I was as slow and unfit as ****!.

Kit
    Free Member

I'm all for it, wherever it is. So long as I can get a train or a lift!

simonralli2
    Free Member

Hiya – Trekster and I will probably organise a post Christmas ride around the Stanes, i.e. 27th/28th December, so that would leave people free for your New Year ride.

I'd love to make it but in all probability I may well be down south as I normally spend New Year with my best mate who I don't see that often.

Si

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye,
    and if I know John H it'll be all his wee 'shortcuts' at Dalbeattie and Mabie! good man that he is.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Bump

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Would love to come along Greg, but I'll be in Applecross for New Year and won't be back south until the Sunday.

Hope you get some good settled weather for it!

SC

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Bump!

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

I would potentially be up for something around Aviemore, but being a wooss (sp?) would wait to see what the weather was doing. Only just over an hour in the car for me so would just come up for a day. Would not be able to get a 2 day pass around then

doug_basqueMTB.com

Could be up for something around Aviemore those dates, just about an hour in the car for me too. If there's snow there's loads we can do at a lower level to try and avoid it.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I'd be heading up from Prestwick, can do it in 2 1/2 hours, and I'd be able to pick a couple of folks on the way up.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I think we'll call it a day on this, lack of interest.

iainc

I am a definite maybe, as I'll be with the family in Coylumbridge for New Year. Off bike till December due a foot op but if I have my fitness back by then I could well be in. I reckon there could be a few from GMBC in the area too, so worth keeping the thread going for a bit……….

AlasdairMc

2nd January is the traditional "Other Dave's birthday ride" on MTB Scotland, so if you're stuck for something to do then feel free to join us wherever we are. Last year was Drumlanrig and it was excellent

devs
    Free Member

I'd be up for something at that time, one if not both days.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Sounds good, depressingly will depend on what i have to work though.

iainc

bump.

forge197
    Free Member

I'd be a possible too Nobeerinthefridge I wouldn't knock it on the yet it's a nice idea might just be a few weeks to early for everyone to have worked out what they are doing over the Xmas and New Year me included.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

Wooss (sp)

i've had a long hard think and i believe it is spelled Wuss…. i've been wrong before though 🙂

13thfloormonk

Hey Greg, I was interested, believe me, just couldn't get away with abandoning my girlfriend for two days at new years!

If you don't get anything planned I'd be up for a ride on the day, could be fun exploring around Arrochar in winter conditions!

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

jan 2nd is always dull daves birthday ride

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘STW Scotland New year ride – Sat 2nd january 2010’ is closed to new replies.