Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • STW Sartoral elegance – which new suit
  • petrieboy

need to buy a new suit today, just for everyday so <£200 ideally but anything that represents good value considered.

5’11” 190lbs, early 30’s, middle management financial services so no shiny silver ultra slim fit!!

any reason i shouldn’t get a merino wool suit from M&S??

TooTall
    Free Member

If the M&S cut doesn’t suit you, then don’t get it.

Go and try them on and take someone else with you to look at the fit. Wear te same sort of shirt you’ll wear with it and the same shoes. Take a belt if you wear a belt. Don’t get it too tight across the shoulders, too short in the sleeve or too tight anywhere else.

partyboy1101
    Free Member

Try Slaters, (they’re a chain). They have in-house tailors and will do alterations to make sure their off the peg suits fit almost as well as bespoke.

I bought three this January, all for about £100 and alterations ranging from getting rid of the neck crease in the jacket to taking an inch out of the leg as they were too baggy.

Megatron

I got my last suit from Slaters. They seemed to be reasonable price, and do alterations for you to get a better fit if the off the shelf suit doesn’t fit as well as it could.
    As above, take shoes, shirt and some sartorial company 😆

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I used to be an Austin Reed fan, but my economic situation dictates otherwise so I have recently bought a couple of suits from Tmlewin and have been quite impressed especially the fit, they have suits in your price range as well.

donsimon
    Free Member

I don’t know if M&S still do the Italian suits, but I always liked them. if not another vote for Slaters. Top vfm.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I have a nice Italian-cut suit from…. Next. Fits me like a dream and makes me look gorgeous.*

* Read it as if it were an estate agent’s description

petrieboy

Went to M&S in St.Evenage but they only had a limited range. Saw the Italian one in Next which was nice if a little modern. Will head into Cambridge tomorrow and see if the M&S have a better range and check out Lewins too. All else fails I’ll get the Next one.

Slaters was my default shop in Edinburgh but sadly nothing close by here in the SE.

saleem
    Free Member

Off the peg zara are cheap and wear quite well.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

For cheap, M&S is the best choice.

neilnevill
    Free Member

try Debenhams, their sale is on, so wortha peek.

iainc

Slaters are good, and great service, alterations etc. IMO though their stuff is less good quality for the money by a mile than M&S

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘STW Sartoral elegance – which new suit’ is closed to new replies.