Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 166 total)
  • STW Purbecks ride? Anyone interested?
  • rusty-trowel
    Free Member

they were still there last time i looked. Weather looks good, so no snorkel required. Knee pads and water wings, you'll look a treat!
    Looks like a reasonable turn out, i think a few locals are coming too.

dmjb4
    Free Member

2 more reporting in for tomorrow. See you on the ferry @ 10.

ps the best cafe is at middle beach, but not sure if its open now the summer season is over.

cinnamon_girl

Sympathy anyone?

Will be wearing knee pads and carrying shin pads on the backpack 🙄 You will tell me when to put them on, won't you?

Will try really really hard to MTFU!

Sounds like quite a gathering 🙂

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Hairychested, do you still want to meet at the Rownham services or are you ok to find your own way? I'll be travelleing past between 8.15 & 8.30.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

You a definite then Mr Poddy?

Oh yes! I loved the last ride and I'm really looking forewards to this on too. Are we going to the same pub? The one with the cider? 8)

MrsPP is coming too. I'm making biscuits.

oldgit
    Free Member

Have a nice time 'Ya all'
    Still not ridden the Purbecks, but I'm supporting my local sportive this weekend.

Hairychested
    Free Member

MM, I'll get to Sanbanks by myself, thanks. I'm not sure which way I'll be driving but as I'll be leaving Gatwick around 5.20am I'll have plenty of time to get lost a couple of times.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

No worries. See you there.

oldfart

Mr Trowel what you got planned route wise ?H/T or F/S for me ? (bearing in mind my ongoing medical condition ) osteoporosis etc.Much in the way of rooty/rocky stuff?Think i used H/T last time .

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

360 panoramas of studland – nice
    LINKY

cinnamon_girl

oldfart – join the bouncy bike club! The Ti's deserve a rest 😉

69er
    Free Member

Enjoy. The agony for me is I'm taking my lad to Uni (it's his first year). At Bournemouth!

Strangelove
    Free Member

Thats bad luck Kona
    As the weather is pretty close to perfect here I think I'll bimble along the prom and join in the fun if no one objects.
    I haven't been on my bike in three or four weeks but I'm sure it will be fine

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

'leaving gatwick at 5.20' blimey! are you going via Glasgow?

See you there Strangelove.

Trouble with Middle Beach cafe is that the Bankes arms is just round the corner.

Oldfart, i'd go fs if i had your bad back, although i'd rather have your hummer if it was for me.

Revised route may well include Square & Compass, depending on how we are all feeling, and time we're making. Looks like there will be too many of us to get in the tea rooms in Corfe, so we'd better pack sarnies and cakes.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Bike clean – check.
    Correct tyres – check.
    Bag packed – check.
    Excited – Check.
    Sad for being excited – Check.
    See you all tomorrow 😀 😀

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

bike clean – no, forgot
    correct tyres – only tyres!
    bag packed – need to go to Tesco in the morning
    excited – dunno, but i need a pooh

Call you later MM, and see you in the morning.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

new bike built – check
    quick spin around the block – nothing fell off – check
    bike rack on car – check
    anticipation – check

See you on the far side some time after 10am tomorrow 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Oooooh!

Bike cleaned – check.
    Chain degreased and freshly lubed – check. Point deducted cos I couldn't be bothered removing it though.
    Seasick pills packed – check.
    MTFU attitude transplant – check.

Wot tyres for the Purbecks anyone?

See y'all in the mornin' 😀

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Buzz – intending to be on 10.00 ferry, but don't be surprised if it's the one after. Not sure how many will be over Studland side, but if you could all try and bump into each other it might be useful. Maybe wait by the loos opposite shell bay restaurant. That sounds a bit iffy, waiting to meet strangers near a public loo, oh well.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Maybe wait by the loos opposite shell bay restaurant.

Yep I'll loiter around there and grab anyone else I see on a bike. Don't worry about the time.

Will I be able to park for free somewhere up Ferry Road?

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Don't know what the deal is with parking Studland side, never do it.
    National trust car park near the loos, don't know if you are allowed to park on the roadside, but plenty do. Better check first, don't want you all to get parking tickets.

leeson
    Free Member

Oooooh!

Bike cleaned – check.
    Chain degreased and freshly lubed – check. Point deducted cos I couldn't be bothered removing it though.
    Seasick pills packed – check.
    MTFU attitude transplant – check.

Wot tyres for the Purbecks anyone?

See y'all in the mornin'

What tyre choice have you got?

eviljoe
    Free Member

Seeyouallat10amon thestudlandside.

illbetheonewiththesorehead….

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

tyre choice doesn't really matter. I've seen all sorts being used here. Not a semi slick though, and a full DH one would be overkill.

Early weather check, is blue sky, not a cloud and minimal wind – so pack the mankini and the suntan lotion

charliedontsurf

Parking on the road on the studland side is free and legal
    I can see nine barrow down from my bed. Weather looks good. Don't want to leave the bed with coffee dog and pastries.
    Ugly smelly bikers or cudles in bed? Mmmmmm
    tyres. Anything will do. Stll hard and dusty with no mud

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Thanks for coming everyone, hope you all enjoyed yourselves.

Special thanks to Johnny, Dave and the other locals who helped out with the route and guiding. Sorry we missed you after leaving the pub, one of the Salisbury boys had a flat when we went to leave, so we ended up on the ferry after.

See most of you again soon i'd imagine.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Great fun today, was nice to see all that stuff on the Heath. Always seen it before as a bit of a chore to get through before the ridge 8O. Cheers to everyone for sorting it out, I fear that two pubs and one cafe may now be a blueprint for the future… Thanks for the sticker Charlie, looks good. Now all I need is one on the other side that says "I accelerate for cake" and I'm sorted 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Thanks rusty and all the locals for a lovely day, holding gates etc. I am quite embarrassed about my careless crash into the back of the other Mendip homeboy: elliptic 😳

Any day that involved dusty singletrack, strong ale, camaraderie and sunburn is an ace day!

eviljoe
    Free Member

Yup-

Cheers All, that was a cracking ride, great to meet more of you too- look forward to seeing the photos if anyone posts them.

If anyone who was using a gps wanted to post the route that would be magic…

Catch you all soon 😉

RichPenny
    Free Member

I share your embarassment Buzz, I managed to hit someone at the sharp right corner on the descent into corfe. Sorry again fella, didn't realise you were braking until I was in the air 😳

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Top day today.
    Thanks to Rusty and the locals for a great route. Good to put some faces to the names.
    Hairychested, hope your legs are feeling better now, if not you can always tuck into one of thoughs kegs of yours 🙂

oldfart

thanks one and all for a great day .sorry if i didn't say cheerio properly at the pub .not intentional 😯 went to knoll beach for a gert lush ice cream !!!!

cinnamon_girl

Thanks to rusty for organising this 🙂

It was such a good day, lovely bunch of STW'ers, fun trails, sunshine, as much food and drink as you could consume. Big respect to the two guys who cleaned that massive climb towards the end 8)

I am also relieved that I didn't spurt any blood this time 🙄

eviljoe – I have the gps route. Do you want it in gpx format?

See you all again soon!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Hi CG. I'd also like the GPX file. My email is in my profile.

cinnamon_girl

😳 old girls and technology! I forgot to delete another route and don't know how to get ride of its waypoints from the large tracklog. So … in effect you get two routes 🙄

buzz – do you still want the gpx?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I've done the very same myself. Yes that's fine I can trim the file to show just the Purbecks ride (when I get around to it).

cinnamon_girl

buzz – gpx sent, fingers crossed it has worked!!

Hairychested
    Free Member

Thanks for a wonderful day out, I loved every (almost) minute of it.
    MM – you saved me, I'll be buying some of such stuff this week.
    Cramps? London Pride cures them. Testing done yesterday, will repeat tonight (to ensure the results are consistent).
    CG – can I also have the file please? Email in profile. Thanks.
    Rusty, thanks for making me wonder if I could moved into Dorset, hmmm….

charliedontsurf

Great day out, great weather, great bunch… and the worlds heaviest pastie… I was still eating it at 8pm (I stayed at the square for a while).

And the shocker is I was shown some great singletrack that is right on my doorstep…! Must explore more.

Thanks everyone

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yep, top ride chaps! TRhanks to R-T for organising and the other locals for their help.

I'm ffffing knackered today, but I reckon I got a bit dehydrated on the ride, and we didn't get home until after 8pm with the hellish traffic on the A31/M3, all the way to Winchester, crawling…

I'll get the pics sorted as soon as a I can, but it might be Wednesday or Thursday before I get the time 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 166 total)

The topic ‘STW Purbecks ride? Anyone interested?’ is closed to new replies.