Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • STW posts about bikes and thefts of said bikes – discuss…
  • iainc

seems to me that for a public forum there is a lot of opportunity for bike theives to do some research on users and pinch their bikes ? yes/no/paranoia ?

aracer
    Free Member

How do they find out where you live?

iainc

previous postings ? I remember a scary thread a while ago, which was like a challenge, and it seemed like an address could be found so easily it was completely frightening…..

float
    Free Member

eh, paranoia. if someone sees you carry an expensive bike back to your house on the back of your car it doesnt matter if you tell them whereabouts you live or not.

jamesco

Ian you got that ‘new baby’ syndrome mate , gonna sleep with the giant tonight ? Know the feeling, dont worry , its when you lean it against the wall and pop into a shop without a second thought that the alarm bells should ring.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’d not be posting my address or the front of my property with my bike, no chance. I’m not stupid enough to think it means my bike WILL be tracked down, but it’s another possible option for theives. My bikes remain hidden inside my car when I drive off with them.

Matt24k
    Free Member

Paranoia!
    Whilst I would recommend taking precautions, there is only one way to guarantee that your bike will never be stolen……………

Matt24k
    Free Member

That is not to have a bike.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘STW posts about bikes and thefts of said bikes – discuss…’ is closed to new replies.