• This topic has 85 replies, 41 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by rs.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)
  • ST on Twitter…!
  • hora
    Free Member

We could do with people not calling others cock. tw&t or other names as well. Along with the 'outside now' or the other week where someone posted up a picture of the meeting place for arranged fisty-cuff and the other didnt show. WTF.

DezB
    Free Member

I'm confused by Mark's post. So we have to respect everyone on here, but Singletrack mag is allowed to slag off ("hate") it's members on Twitter?
    Weird.

Edit: someone posted up a picture of the meeting place for arranged fisty-cuff and the other didnt show. WTF LINK?! 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Edit: someone posted up a picture of the meeting place for arranged fisty-cuff and the other didnt show. WTF LINK?

Trying to remember – was it a Lasar(sp?) member- it was in a huge thread. Let me do a search

wwaswas

it was here;

Drac

We could do with people not calling others cock. tw&t or other names as well. Along with the 'outside now' or the other week where someone posted up a picture of the meeting place for arranged fisty-cuff and the other didnt show. WTF.

But you just said not to take this place serious.

You see why you made twitter now then?

Jamie
    Free Member

DezB:
    Edit: someone posted up a picture of the meeting place for arranged fisty-cuff and the other didnt show. WTF LINK?!

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/where-should-lanesra-meet-me

hora
    Free Member

Twitter? I dont own a Uber-Blackberry/or am I a on the hoof-Latte-type 🙄

Jamie- was that a joke or a real-agro-thing?

Ps. I searched the forum with the word 'fight'. I brought up too many hits (but alittle less than "what steel hardtail")

tankslapper
    Free Member

brant – Member

Doesn't everyone know about #horaclangers?

Hell yes!

Hora's o.k. by me. Can't see how anyone finds him offensive – his posts range from amusing to stark raving bonkers! lol! A constant source of mirth

Drac

I prefer this Serendipity.

That's the safest one I could find.

AndyP
    Free Member

[applauds Drac].
    Just watching that last night actually. A wonderful piece of cinema.

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

I'm confused by Mark's post. So we have to respect everyone on here, but Singletrack mag is allowed to slag off ("hate") it's members on Twitter?
    Weird.

I don't quite follow the logic there either.

nickc

Methinks the Lady doth protest too much. #horaclangers is done in a bit of a tongue-in-cheek-we-love-him-really-kinda-way…

hora
    Free Member

Serendipity

The Movie? Is it worth watching? An online review board only gives it 6.6/10

Drac

I have no idea never seen that, I have seen Dogma though.

Jamie
    Free Member

hora:

*snigger*

hora
    Free Member

Ah. Bugga.

rOcKeTdOg

how few members does a group have to have to be a minority? only there's always a lot of christian bashing on here* and there's a few of them about

*100 athiest here btw

fauxbyfour
    Free Member

Basically it's their forum and they do what they wish including slagging off forum members at their leisure.

I am amazed it wasn't me they named and shamed (and a bit disappointed).

Looking forward to seeing the full list of 'Nanny State' rules and regs we will have to cow-tow to.

Will northerners still be allowed to slag of southerners???

Drac

God yes.

crazy-legs

That's written into the new rules!

(signed, a Southerner in the North)

Jamie
    Free Member

fauxbyfour:

I am amazed it wasn't me they named and shamed (and a bit disappointed).

No-one likes an attention whore.

Hang on….is that abuse?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Weird.

I'm not confused. It's easy to understand double standards. 🙁

hora
    Free Member

I feel abit pressured now. Freeforming its easy to come up with something nonsensical. If I have to produce it on demand though I am going to struggle 🙁

Hang on. People down south actually buy STW mag? I thought you all bought Dirt, US mags and rode round on 5k Intense bikes? 😐

Drac

If I have to produce it on demand though I am going to struggle

I really don't think you are.

PePPeR

Reading this thread the other night didn't endear me to the people who run our beloved magazine and favourite internet forum at all.

Do you know I was in Rochdale this morning and I had some time on my hands and had this thought when I saw the road sign to Todmorden, should I pop upto my favourite magazine publishers place and say hello. But when ever I've tried before at race meetings I've always felt like I'm not in their clique and felt awkward, so decided that I would probably get the same again and decided not too.

After rereading this thread again it doesn't do the staff any good knocking people like Hora.

He and I have been around here a long time, I'm a lot quieter then he is on here, but I wouldn't like to be slagged off like he has been.

Regards a disappointed Pepper

rs
    Free Member

agree pepper, public apology and a hanging are in order i think!

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

They're a funny old lot a STW towers, I can well imagine that they're probably quite aloof and probably quite cliquey in their way too… Possibly something to do with that strange combination of weird micro-niche-pseuedo-stardom vs total obscurity to the rest of the general public, that defines their lives. Almost like school teachers in a way.

I seem to remember – a fair while back – one of the moderators commenting that they were actually finding the PaddedFred/Peado-gate thread quite amusing – then they took an about po-face and closed it. They seem to appear to on one hand advocate the inane playground antics of STW, but then shut them down as soon as it appears to be maybe tarnishing the business image of ST, which is fair enough I suppose.. It's a delicate balance.

The thing is, I really appreciate the daftness of this site, as much as I appreciate the occasionally 'daft' approach that ST takes to MTB journalism. The playground antics, in-jokes, irreverance and sillyness are part of what define STW for me and help foster a connection with a mountain biking community, comprised of people that I feel I know somehow, yet I may never meet.

hora
    Free Member

Clique's go hand in hand with high horses don't they.

DezB
    Free Member

I can well imagine that they're probably quite aloof and probably quite cliquey in their way too… Possibly something to do with that strange combination of weird micro-niche-pseuedo-stardom vs total obscurity to the rest of the general public, that defines their lives

Like it. 🙂 Isn't that how the whole world feels on Twitter (except me, of course cos I don't post (twit? ****? twot?))?

MrNutt
    Free Member

whats a hora and where can I buy one?

mogrim

"No posts, including links to other sites that are deemed to be of a sexual or distasteful nature, incite racial or sexist behaviour or are in any way discriminatory and/or offensive towards individuals or minority groups."

Singletrackmag: The award for most unpleasant and deeply hated by the office forum user goes to……
    Singletrackmag: Hora!

🙄

Drac

I have no idea what this clique is anyone is on about. Hey Matt! If your reading this see you tonight.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

whats a hora and where can I buy one?

Have you tried looking in the classifieds for one?

jedi

anymore slagging off of southerners and i will stop sending batteries up north, therefore cutting off their electricity supply in the process.

charity begins down south 🙂 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

mogrim – Member
    "No posts, including links to other sites that are deemed to be of a sexual or distasteful nature, incite racial or sexist behaviour or are in any way discriminatory and/or offensive towards individuals or minority groups."

[quote]
    Singletrackmag: The award for most unpleasant and deeply hated by the office forum user goes to……
    Singletrackmag: Hora!
    [/quote]

🙄

The hypocrisy is quite deafening isn't it?

hora
    Free Member

Jedi, shut it or we will send down yet another **** Prime Minister to govern you/us 😉

jedi

down here we get water from taps in our houses. save us walking the 5mile round trip the northerners have to do to get water from the river!

wwaswas

"offensive towards individuals"

well, you can only take offense, not give it so if Hora's not bothered (which it would appear he isn't) then anyone else getting upset is just doing so in a vague 'outraged of tunbridge wells' kind of way, not on the grounds of any actual offense taken.

verses

jedi – Member

down here we get water from taps in our houses. save us walking the 5mile round trip the northerners have to do to get water from the river!
    Odd, I thought you got water from bottles that were filled in northern streams?
    😛

hora
    Free Member

We have to work harder up here to pay for the wages of all those southern midwives. Up here, women give birth whilst still working at the looms in the mill. The child then automatically gets to work under the machines.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘ST on Twitter…!’ is closed to new replies.