Viewing 28 posts - 121 through 148 (of 148 total)
  • STW Northern Peaks Chapter Pootle – Marple, Sat 9th Oct
  • allthegear
    Free Member

Thanks guys!!

That was a lovely ride in an area I’ve not ridden very much before – fab!!

Thanks for making a first-timer on the poodles so welcome, I may return!! If anyone happens to be riding the eastern side of the peaks, drop me a line…

Rachel (tarty orange Nicolai, apparently!!)

allthegear
    Free Member

Poodles??? That’s what you get for using the Internet on an iPhone! Obviously I meant pootles!!

nbt

Thanks for coming everyone, thanks especially to DeeJay for coming so far and the thoughtful gift, I’m really touched. Thanks also to Wing Leader Souter for his capable assistance in guiding and general radosity. Crappy pics to follow shortly 😉

No_discerning_taste
    Free Member

Didn’t managed to do it all since I wanted to make sure William (10 years old)didn’t get too tired and put off mountain biking. He enjoyed it and has now some cool scrapes on his helmet from hitting a stone wall. Nice to see a few familiar faces and lots of new ones. Hubby gutted that he couldn’t continue because of mechanical issues.

nbt

Having issues uploading to Flickr at the moment 🙁

nbt

Issues resolved (more or less) and a few pics here

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/n_b_t/archives/date-posted/2010/10/09/]
    Marple Pootle[/url] by Notoriously Bad Typist, on Flickr

DeeJay
    Free Member

Made it back about 4.30 – was a fun day and I’m glad I came. Few photos from the day – click pic for more

Thanks to all for making it a cracker!

Bunnyhop

Those photos are great.
    Lots of smiley, happy people playing on bikes in the sun.

Matt are you o.k after the head cobbles interface?

hora
    Free Member

Cracking pics and lovely weather. Wish I was there 🙂

…Sharston tip is where its at nowadays 🙁

lowey

Looks ace… Gutted. I was chaperoning 11 13 year old girls round the Trafford Centre 🙁

Chew
    Free Member

Thanks for the concern.

I’m fine. Bit of a headache and found a few more scratches when i got home.

Still plan to be out riding again tomorrow.

DeeJay
    Free Member

Gutted. I was chaperoning 11 13 year old girls round the Trafford Centre

AND you’re not allowed out tomorrow – poor show 😉

hora
    Free Member

Looks ace… Gutted. I was chaperoning 11 13 year old girls round the Trafford Centre

If that read 11 18yr old girls I would have volunteered a few hours to help you out Lowey.

brooess
    Free Member

Top notch ride, cake and photos!

Thanks for organising Jules. I’m definitely up for more.

Great to be up North again 🙂

geetee1972
    Free Member

What a fabulous ride. So cool to meet new people and apologies to all those I didn’t get a chance to talk to.

I was really stoked to see not just one other Nicolai but two! Ian and Rachel, great to meet you both and Rachel the colour’s not tarty, it’s classy!

Julian – thanks so much for navigating and looking after all of us!

Now, anyone got a saddle they’re looking to sell?

eth3er
    Free Member

Thank you muchly for a great ride; new faces, new place to ride and the sun came out to watch us play. All spoken of, a great day. Hope to see you out again before the winter drudgery.
    The helmet on a mantle piece with an exaggerated story of gnarl attached Matt?

sambob
    Free Member

My legs are a complete mess now 😆

nbt

Now, anyone got a saddle they’re looking to sell?

Bontrager rhythm in the garage. Remind me tomorrow

MartynS

great to see everyone, I reckon we all deserved beer/wine/meths (delete as appropriate)

its nice when you get great weather and good company!
    some not bad photos NBT.. you’re getting better.

until the next time
    Martyn
    OAP (apparently) on the black Turner

oh and Greg, are Nicolai the new specialized? discuss….

funkynick

I’d just like to add my thanks to nbt for showing us all round, and to everyone else for making it a fun ride. I wanna do that loose descent from the golf course again… and again.. :o)

I also want to know who booked the weather and how, as I might want to employ you at a later date! Once I left and starting driving across the Peak to go home the clouds rolled in and the mist came down… it was rather grim in places and nothing like the sun which we managed to enjoy for the whole route!

Oh, and I don’t know what it is about those hills, but the ride was about the same distance I usually go in the Peak… so why do my legs hurt today???

I’d not ridden around there before, but I’ll definitely be back for more…

Cheers,

Nick
    On the red Turner…

Oh, and I promise to bring cake next time too..

mtb_matt
    Free Member

Top day. Thanks again Jane and Jules.

Cheers

Matt

Naranjada
    Free Member

Really top ride and a top crowd, thanks for the guiding NBT and thanks Jane for my lovely smartie-toppped-cup-cake at the end.

And yes, Nicolais…pffft, three a penny.

Regarding geetee1972’s tree saddle groin interface incident on the rocky descent to Laneside farm – I only saw the aftermath but was impressed at the felled tree and the twisted saddle rails. One bonus though, I came down there again today and Mrs Naranjada cleaned it sans dab, first time ever; she put it down to the line being clearer now that tree had been ‘pruned back’. So, thanks Greg.

Iain.

Bunnyhop

Well done Mrs. Naranjada.
    Tell her it took me years before I could clean that descent. Take her down the Descent from Newmills golf club/course Iain, the rocky one that comes out near the ‘Fox Inn’ (as though you were going to go down Hague bar), if she can ride the Rowarth descent then she’ll enjoy that one too.

allthegear
    Free Member

ooh – Bunnyhop – just clicked onto your name and got your website – I like those bags!! Is the site up to date? I’ll be passing the link onto my brother for my birthday, I think!!

Rachel

sambob
    Free Member

I cleaned the hard bits on that descent, shame i crashed on the easy bit 🙁

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Thanks to NBT, the cake makers and evertyone else for making this a great afternon out. Nice to meet people and bump into other I’d not seen for a while, even ‘bunnyhop’ who should really have been on her one way trip to the clinic in switzerland.

[me on red cove with dodgy skate lid that wAS £20 from the vans shop at cheshire oaks]

Bunnyhop

allthegear – I am a naughty girl. Emmy and I (she was the one handing out cake near the start of the ride) haven’t had a chance to update the handbag site. We now also have a kiddy section selling stuff like bunting and kiddy pinnies. I’ll send you a mail when it’s got the newer stuff on too.

Papa – I do believe you agreed to pay for my trip to ‘be put to sleep’ in that special clinic.
    Yes that helmet was dodgy 😉

geetee1972
    Free Member

Bunnyhop – Ruth loved the bag but went absolutely nuts for the bunting as well! Knew what it was straight off and everything!

Viewing 28 posts - 121 through 148 (of 148 total)

The topic ‘STW Northern Peaks Chapter Pootle – Marple, Sat 9th Oct’ is closed to new replies.