Viewing 36 posts - 81 through 116 (of 116 total)
  • STW Northern Chapter Rivvy ride Sun 28th march
  • izakimak
    Free Member

Johnny you spoil us, cake and chilli i ain't to bothered wether it has meat in it or not just lots of chilli. I wasn't wasn't sure wether botany would get arsey about the parking it can be changed if need's. Sailing up is a grand idea cap'n.

Donk i would be surprised if you didn't know it all bar 1 short bit.

Right preston beer festival is calling bye.

Vortexracing

Johnny do you want picking up on the way?

or are you riding there? if so how the hell are you going to carry that Chilli?

and 2nd the botany bay being arsey.

pubs a better call.

ton

ton's in…………..
    can't let all you mancs get away with the pi55 taking………. 😆

Vortexracing

what about all those brownie points your going to lose Ton?

and less of the Manc shit, i'm from Chorley born and bred.

ton

earning some now and tomorrow…………. 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

i am Scottish so dont be mistaking me for one of them englanders despite the accent.
    Chucky I am sailing there in my narrowboat so I dont need a lift – cant forget my bikes or essential parts and will have oddles of spare partst. Hence I can cook and things when we all get back. Cant moor near pub though so perhpas Botany is worth a chance???
    Snowdon booked now when is the earliest train up?

Jellybaby
    Free Member

Hey Junkyard is still floating! Ive heard about you, so you havn't sunk yet then?! 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

i have sunk but the boat is fine I had to borrow pumps that are used to rescue sunken boats to avoid the same fate bad /nervous night that was but I have had it out the water and welded it now and it no longer leaks thankfully.

Jellybaby
    Free Member

Yeah yeah i bet you've just used some of that long hair to plug the holes! ha ha

Glad you've lived to sail another day.

Vortexracing

Thought you were taking the piss.

have you really got one?

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes 50 footer I kid you not
    Jellybaby – real word name as clearly I know you

Jellybaby
    Free Member

lol Chucky thats funny ha ha 😆

Jellybaby
    Free Member

Yes i might know you but i didnt know it was that big ! 😀

Vortexracing

where is it moored? if thats the right term.

or is it docked?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Docked if out of water and moored in it tell you when I see you.

lowey

Right, me and at least 2 others riding over from Far side of Bolton. Meeting you lot, and riding as far as Belmont but staying in the Belmont Bull for a full on afternoon sesh.

lowey

Where exactly are we meeting then Nick ? Want to get it right as we are coming over on bikes.

Vortexracing

Want to get it right as we are coming over on bikes

so you are setting up for an afternoon on the pi$$ then lowey?.

just thinking of the route.

Getting nay on 30 of us along the rocky side of the goit will be eventful and funny) especially if it's wet through.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Getting one Ton sized object alone will be fun

Vortexracing

After he has been through it, it may be less of an obstacle course for the rest of us.

I vote Ton goes first 8)

Junkyard
    Free Member

reckon we could do it side by side then…nice plan

neil853
    Free Member

reckon i might come along to this if its ok? 8)

D0NK

Oi! junkyard! answer your texts/emails…harder to get hold of than bloody IWH.

Junkyard
    Free Member

cant access e-mail at work they banned me 😥
    Hope they never notice this
    replied to text

lowey

so you are setting up for an afternoon on the pi$$ then lowey?.

Yes mate.

Location then ?? anyone ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

botany bay – eithe rat pub lock and Quay – by arrow – sadly closed Lowey calm down or at Botany Bay itself – big star on map with large building unmissable
    http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=359345&y=418935&z=115&sv=359345,418935&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=771&ax=359345&ay=418935&lm=0
    Go down fileds from NAB – CHEEKY til you get to clear path turn right then left and you end up at Botany Bay

D0NK

Junkyard can you get to the pub from the botany bay access road by car? (ie not have to go all the way round on b6228) Looks like its do-able on google maps but they're not always 100% accurate.

neil853
    Free Member

Chucky (aka Vortex Racing) are you riding down from Coppull? Or driving?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Donk – No you cannot except by bike as a gate blocks the way though the road remains for emergency vehicles – Nick is deciding the actual meet point not me so I dont know which one he has gone for.

Liking using the STW names as if we do in the real world 😆
    Neil he will be driving as he offered me a lift

neil853
    Free Member

I was thinking of riding down thats all, seems daft getting the car dirty for 3 miles?! 😆

D0NK

No you cannot except by bike as a gate blocks the way

thought so – Si will be driving over.

Junkyard
    Free Member

neil those 3 miles are mor elike 4 IMHO and it will make it a 40 mile + route for you.
    Donk will probably cycle over from Bolton to make it a 50 miler though

neil853
    Free Member

40+ miles?! How long is the ride?! 😯

Vortexracing

neil853 I was thinking of driving (lazy git that I am), but seeing as you have now shamed me into it I suppose I have to ride.

and I thought you didn't need a lift as you are on that ocean going yacht of yours.

and it's more like 3.5 miles BTW 😆

izakimak
    Free Member

Righty ho peep's. We will meet at Botany bay carpark at 9.30am for a 10.00am departure, don't forget the clock's go forward on saturday night.
    I estimate that the route is 25miles( i don't have a computer hence the estimation),although it's about 35 for me as i'm riding to botany and back as well. It took me about 6hr's the other week with 2 stop's, 1 for a pie and a pint 😆 and 1 for a puncture :evil:roll call going up now.

Viewing 36 posts - 81 through 116 (of 116 total)

The topic ‘STW Northern Chapter Rivvy ride Sun 28th march’ is closed to new replies.