Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • STW Northern chapter ride, Industrial Fells and Lee Quary – Post ride pics/chat
  • lowey

Once again another good turn out for the monthly group ride. Graham and the lads sorted us out a belting route, the weather held up for us and the moors weren't as muddy as I feared.

Cheers to the Brownbacks guys for letting us charge up after the first wave of racers set off.

More pics here

It turns out that some numpty, er not sure who, had set his camera to the lowest resolution on video, so basically its all crap. Sorry chaps.

Great ride, great company, great trails and great weather. Perfect day. Roll on the next.

Vortexracing

Bloody hell Dave you got this posted quick enough.

I can't believe that in this summer of deluge we got another dry ride in.

Cheers Graham, cracking ride again.

Brownbacks
    Free Member

for letting us charge up

more of an amble than a charge

🙂

glad you enjoyed the ride, Graham put some effort into it

taka
    Free Member

did you lot pass my mum?

ton

fella's how bollaxed am i ❓

good ride tho, well done big G and the lads….

lowey, did dj set a date for the next.

ton

tom, did she have a spaniel with her…. ❓

taka
    Free Member

ye she said about 30 riders went past

simonralli2
    Free Member

That final photo – are we meant to be checking out the cakes, scones or buns?

ton

i said hello, cos i am polite………….;o)

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Absolutly gutted to have missed it.. 😡

Looked like a spot on day out.

DeeJay
    Free Member

Thank you Graham – cracking day

xherbivorex
    Free Member

that chocolate cake was good, but i wish i'd sneaked a bit of the pineapple one too!
    sorry about my "disguise" lowey; i forgot that i'd be on a different bike today, and also resplendent with hairy face!

izakimak
    Free Member

Great day out again. Thanks to Graham for leading the way. Yet again we did well with the weather just goes to show it's not always grim up north.
    I'm already looking forward to the next one. 🙂

I'm off to bed now, not looking forward to getting up at 2.30am ffs. 🙄

lowey

4th October, your route big guy!

fizzer
    Free Member

Any chance MMO Dave please?

Gutted to have missed this one its been a Daddy weekend.

So is the next one unfortunately.

G

ton

and the next one is a stonker fizzer………. 😀

Vortexracing

Stop teasing Tony and spill the beans. Where? and a route please.

TrevorB

Cheers Graham, me and Tom enjoyed it too.

Trevor

Junkyard
    Free Member

Again cheers all another great day out with no rain.

montylikesbeer

hats off to Graham, great day and even better company……………….bu&&erd though !

hp_source

Excellent ride, great turn out, good laugh all round.

I've got some piccies to post up, I'll do that this evening…. Penmachno beckons today… will my legs carry me!?!

Cheers Graham for organising, and volunteering me for a 'saddleworth moor' one! 😉

marsdenman
    Free Member

First off – glad you folks had a great day out, oddly enough I did not see you pass as I was marshaling but in the quarry…..

and secondly

4th October, your route big guy!

and the next one is a stonker fizzer……….

[sulk-mode] damn my making a career out of something that involves weekend working – I've got a wedding fair on the 4th Oct {/sulk-mode]

woodsman
    Free Member

looks great – a bit wintery up there already! (speaking from balmy Sussex)
    🙂

D0NK

Great ride Graham, cheers for organising, sorry I left (a little) early but time was ticking on and after nearly stacking on the stone slab jump it seemed a good time to call it a day 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

Ah the commute in today was lovely I somehow managed to be no slower than normal…sadly I now need a sleep…going to be a long day.

Vortexracing

Johnny

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Ah, that's who you all were!

I saw you crossing the trail ahead of me as you were just coming down from Hades Hill behind Watergrove Res. You were all silhouetted against the skyline as i struggled up the rocky 'ladder' below you.

Wish i had joined in, couldn't get to the meet point in time as i don't drive. 🙁

Bunnyhop

Is there going to be a slighty (cough) shorter, easier ride for us mtbing types who aren't as fit as you lot?
    Pleeeaaassse.

wors

The pace isn't quick bunnyhop, anything but, if you can ride 25 miles you'' be fine.

Bunnyhop

O.K. I'll look out for the October one. Thanks.

lowey

Bunny, as Wors says… these are social rides, not balls out pain encrusted marathons (unless its one of Deejays).

Turn up and we always ride to the pace of the slowest rider.

DeeJay
    Free Member

(unless its one of Deejays)

You like them really 😉

Good photos – my camera was playing up – I have loads of moody out of focus shots but I think the miles of cobbles jiggled it right!

stumpyjon

Turn up and we always ride to the pace of the slowest rider.

yep we spent the same amount of time stopped as we did riding. My legs were shot at the end though, thighs really burned on the way home up the tarmac. Was it fun in the quarry at the end?

DeeJay
    Free Member

Quarry was excellent – lowey insisted on doing the black so I had to join him! definately one to concentrate on – there is a lot of open air on your left along that edge. The swoopy red back to the car was terrific – set me up nicely for my Wales trip next weekend.

DeeJay
    Free Member

Click pic for more

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

glad you all enjoyed it , good turnout for the day .we tried to give a challenging route without knackering folk over much before the fun bits, thanks for the company , cake ,coffee !

mart

lowey

Some nice pics there Dave.

stumpyjon

Downloaded the route tonight, for those who like their stats the Garmin clocked it at 21.8 (23.9) miles and 3325 / (3740) ft of climbing, figures in brackets include the red loop (or if you started and finished at my house 27.3 miles and 3865 ft. which explains why I was more knackered than most when we got back to the quarry and therefore my wimping out of doing a loop of the quarry…..).

Anyone want a .GPX file of the route, just let me know.

Vortexracing

one here please SJ

e mail in profile

Ta very mucho

justme
    Free Member

for the second time of trying
    thanks for all the positive comments folks will see you on tony's do at ogden if not before
    g

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘STW Northern chapter ride, Industrial Fells and Lee Quary – Post ride pics/chat’ is closed to new replies.