Viewing 30 posts - 81 through 110 (of 110 total)
  • STW Nepal Red Cross Appeal
  • ataxic

Just donated £100 with gift aid.

pedropete

Deed done
    Your donation amount is: £30.00 Your reference number is: 5GD928342D840901X

DaRC_L

£10 from me Ref# : 3GL56670C7018484L

Marin
    Free Member

Nothing personal but gave £25 to Red Cross on Sunday and £50 to Doug Scott’s charity today as seen their work out their and Doug has flogged himself for years on his lecture tours for this. It’s very sad and hurray for everyone who gives.

Sandwich

Gift aided from me too.
    Thank you very much for your donation of £15.00 to the British Red Cross – Nepal Earthquake Appeal Your payment reference is: 8AR09902UK315712F

Edit there’s nearly £700 on this page before gift-aid. Well done us.

slowoldman

£50 33E58374GN766111S

mrjmt
    Free Member

Thank you very much for your donation of £50 to the British Red Cross – Nepal Earthquake Appeal Your payment reference is: INC02550440

Rockape63
    Free Member

Its difficult to add up as some have mentioned gift aid but taking everything into account and not including non DEC/British Red Cross donations, I reckon we are in the region of £3200 minimum! Amazing!!!

I deliberately suggested smallish donations to get as many people involved as possible but some people are so generous its incredible. 😯

Watching the news this morning, I’m sure it is going to be money very well spent.

Drac

Thank you very much for your donation of £20.00 to the British Red Cross – Nepal Earthquake Appeal Your payment reference is: 8TA46619G6055972J

£25 with Gift Aid.

Alpha1653

All – for what it’s worth, I’ve spoken to a decent number of my old troop and to a man they have all said that, as frustrated as they are by the Nepali government’s response to the crisis, they are overwhelmed by the generosity of people and it’s really helping them cope with the situation. So thanks and keep the donations coming in – your generosity is awesome!!

RustyMac

Donated as well

Thank you very much for your donation of £10.00 to the British Red Cross – Nepal Earthquake Appeal Your payment reference is: 4FK00660RR204291F

keefmac

add £500 from me too, given via DEC appeal website. Served with these guys at 30SigRegt, Top guys to a man.

karnali
    Free Member

add £1000 given through INF an organisation I volunteered with out there for a few years. they are doing a lot of medical work in worst affected areas and providing hospital support in pokhara.

leffeboy

Awesome amounts 🙂 . If you are interested a bit in how we are using your money – well not exactly your money as we aren’t part of the DEC group or anyone else mentioned here but are distributing some stuff from DFID – the department for international development who are spending your taxes….

If it seems weird giving tarpaulins to people with iron roofs it’s because there are holes in the roof and it’s monsoon season soon.

For me this sums up the randomness of it. The building on the right is fine but the building on the left obviously just collapsed. The random nature of it doesn’t really help people sleep easily at night. In Kathmandu a lot survived but in many districts a huge number of houses were completely flattened

Outside the Kathmandu when stuff collapses, it really collapses. Maybe 20% of the houses are completely destroyed with 60% partially to heavily damaged

..and finally, this largely sums up the people here. Incredibly resient in the face of such a disaster. There are lots and lots of little examples of small scale groups of people getting stuff together to send outside the city to help where they can. We have a group of local English speaking students who volunteer with us to help translate during distributions. It’s inspiring stuff

grahamt1980

Add another £100 as work are matching any payments made.
    Currently I think the company is well over 20k for donations

jambalaya
    Free Member

Well done (again) OP. Some very generous donations here too. @leffeboy, great photos and thank you for what you are doing.

budgierider67

£25 0RW90953EV149533P

isto
    Free Member

£10 8LK71540X4684043N well done OP….good idea.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

listened to a radio 4 podcast about the impact of the ‘quake and the likely outcomes (as in 😯 😥 death toll estimates), unfortunately our elections have bumped a huge crisis out of the headlines. Nevertheless I’ve been busy/distracted since so thanks OP/STW for the prompt.

Gifted via DEC site with Gift Aid.

The reference number of your donation is: DDYL-50370041
    Donated amount: 30.00 GBP

jambalaya
    Free Member

Another large earthquake has just hit near Everest 🙁 BBC

leffeboy

Edit double post

leffeboy

And it was a beast. Have never felt anything like it :(. 7.4 and still 4 times smaller than the big one

nbt

Horrible 🙁

Thank you very much for your donation of £25.00 to the British Red Cross – Nepal Earthquake Appeal Your payment reference is: 7XU101617E315303N

Gift-aided too

Dobbo

Thank you very much for your donation of £15.00 to the British Red Cross – Nepal Earthquake Appeal Your payment reference is: 31G49180FU6893

Rockape63
    Free Member

And it was a beast. Have never felt anything like it :(. 7.4 and still 4 times smaller than the big one

I thought the big one was 7.8, or are you talking about the area?

nbt

The Richter scale goes up in orders of magnitude – a quake measuring 7 is ten times worse than one measuring six

leffeboy

You’re right, it’s only 2.5 times. It was off the top of my head

summitchilterns
    Free Member

Just donated, very worthwhile cause… £15 plus gift aid. “Your payment reference is: INC02618474”

timraven

Bit late, but all done.
    “Thank you very much for your donation of £20.00 to the British Red Cross – Nepal Earthquake Appeal Your payment reference is: 6LH991088R229950X”

bounce

7MK67421W33296940 £50 – thanks for the reminder

Viewing 30 posts - 81 through 110 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘STW Nepal Red Cross Appeal’ is closed to new replies.