Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • STW Members Bikes you would Love to have yourself…
  • timc
    Free Member

Every now & again I see a members ride I just absolutely love, over the weekend it was robdob’s restored Kona

Robdob’s Kona

So who’s bikes would you love to have?

timc
    Free Member

Found another, its another Kona strangely

Vortex Racing’s Kona

P1050024 by eastham_david, on Flickr

6079smithw
    Free Member

Whoever has a Cotic Rocket or Ti fat bike

Bregante

That raw SS Curtis (can’t remember the owners name)

Ooh and that 2Souls Quarterhorse and one of those Titus Firelines too.

Candodavid
    Free Member

2 of them 3 are mine

timc
    Free Member

do the honours then Candodavid, post some pics up! 😉

weeksy

Anyone with a good Titus Fireline 29ti. Some of them just look bloody brilliant !

whippersnapper
    Free Member

yep, Robdob’s Kilauea does it for me too. I have an Explosif of that vintage (95) which is now looking rather sad in comparison.

stu1972
    Free Member

Organic355’s black Turner Flux. Very nice bike.

Northwind

Love the Kilaueuaueua. See if that was mine, I’d have put black parts all over it, and it’d be ugly.

binners

Bregante – I also covet Farticus’s raw finished Curtis. Its a bloody work of art. I’ve politely requested he stops posting pictures of it up. His response was to encourage me further to get one ordered. Which frankly wasn’t helpful. But I definitely haven’t been pricing one up, and considering how bad the fallout would be should one happen to turn up unannounced in the post. Really I haven’t. Honest.

fasthaggis

rickmeister’s Tranny

Not the seat tho,that’s too Jockonese 😉

kelvin

Those rigid Konas are lovely.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

wwaswas’s Liteville 301 with the Bombers on it.
    Exactly what I’d be fitting too.

bottlecage would have to go though 😕

Stevelol
    Free Member

There’s a guy from Scotland with a ti hummer which is very nice, forgot his name though!

Candodavid
    Free Member

Curtis

Quarterhorse

wwaswas

cheers 🙂

Since the pics were taken I got a few rides in before the gloop arrived and it’s bloody brilliant. Only issue I have had is a bit of chain rattle against the bottom of the chain ring (not lost the chain at all) so I might get one of the Syntace bolt on guides to control that as I don’t have a clutch mech.

Rest of the bike feels really good, just a few pedal strikes in compressions where there’s roots that I’m not used to getting on a hardtail.

Recommended.

bottlecage would have to go though

😳 I have a bottle battery on my Lupine lights, I do tend to use just a water bottle on shorter rides as I always forget to clean my camelback bladder out…

organic355
    Free Member

woohoo I got a mention! 😀

chakaping
    Free Member

wwaswas’s Liteville 301 with the Bombers on it.

I love raw frames and I know those Bombers are awesome forks, but the light/dark grey thing just doesn’t work for me.

🙁

_tom_
    Free Member

I’ve always liked the look of fontmoss’ Gary Fisher (I think) singlespeed. Really not the kind of bike I’d ride much though as it looks more of a race bike. It just looks really sorted for xc stuff.

kimbers’ new Kona looks good as well.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

so I might get one of the Syntace bolt on guides to control that as I don’t have a clutch mech.

They do seem to work very well. I’ve ridden a mate’s 601 with one fitted and was impressed. Simple, efficient and effective.

Really interested to know how your 301’s bearings fair over Winter, as I’m considering a purchase.

DezB
    Free Member

geordiepaul’s SB66.
    I’m sure he won’t mind if I..

chakaping
    Free Member

I honestly don’t want to take any of your bikes, but there are definitely a few I’d like a spin on.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I would like (in no order of preferance, just a drop list)

Tazzys Jones
    Andys Singular Puffin
    Flanges Niner CRO

Whose got a 6″ full suss?? I’d like one of those too..

😉

njee20
    Free Member

Flange’s Niner, I’d have a go on Shibboleth’s Cervevlo too.

wwaswas

Really interested to know how your 301’s bearings fair over Winter, as I’m considering a purchase.

I suspect I’ll be avoiding the worst of the weather on it tbh, I have a couple of hardtails that are probably better suited to riding through South Downs winter mud.

It was fairly mudddy the other week when I went out, though, and it certainly didn’t clog up around the BB (nowhere near as much as a couple of other guys I was ridign with bikes from what I saw). Which would make sense I guess – there’s supposed to be room for 650B wheels in there.

I think that FS loses it’s advantage/point after a certain depth of mud has been reached. I’ll keep it for mostly dry or frozen days.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

There isn’t a massive amount of room around the BB area on the 301 when running a tall 27.5″ tyre (28″ in the case of the one i’ve been using)

It’s tighter on the DS, I think dishing the wheel 1-2mm towards the disk side would open up a lot more space.

I am using quite thin ID rims which makes the tyre a bit taller though. When I relegate these to spare wheels i’m putting some fatter rims on which may decrease the size of the OD of the tyre.

The bearings ‘should’ hold up pretty well, they look to be well sealed, and most are out of harms way. The 2 around the BB will probably die the quickest, no doubt.

Gotama
    Free Member

Flange’s Niner

Stu’s Spaceframe Jones

Whoever it was with the custom Nicolai Ion 29er, couple of them around i think, designed as the pre-production versions.

Would like a go on Tazzy’s Blacksheep as well.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

but there are definitely a few I’d like a spin on

Yup.

Anything of Epicyclo’s
    And who’s the fella with the Nicolai with a Pinion gearbox?

And my bikes. Obviously.

banks
    Free Member

There’s only one bike..

Messiah’s Avy nicolai beast.

ska-49
    Free Member

That Bronson Carbon and Turner Burner..

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Kona really knew how to make a mountain bike look great before anyone else managed it. They still look good today. I’m hoping my Unit will look as good in 20 years.

flange
    Free Member

Njee – hopefully bringing it down to surrey next month. Will bring the road bike too, you might be interested in that…

Houns

Cue another thread

“STW Members you’d like to have yourself” 😮

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Postierich’s SS. Such a lovely, simple looking beast!

Houns

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Postierich. Such a lovely, simple looking beast!

He is isn’t he

core

Nearly any rigid steel 29er on here tbh, particularly kona’s or gensis fortitude

njee20
    Free Member

Njee – hopefully bringing it down to surrey next month. Will bring the road bike too, you might be interested in that…

Not even sure I know what your road bike is, but I imagine I’ll want it! 😆

flange
    Free Member

Ahh – that’s the excitement see. I build it up into something amazing, then pitch up on a Specialized Allez with a full compliment of Sora. You lend me your Trek and maybe we’re on an even playing field

hairyscary

My cousins bike (AndyF1)…..if it was a smidge bigger.

Oh, and Messiah’s Nicolai.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘STW Members Bikes you would Love to have yourself…’ is closed to new replies.