• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by mrmo.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • STW Jobless club
  • grahamh
    Free Member

Just gained a new member.. 😥

lowey

Bad luck mate. What game are you in?

grahamh
    Free Member

Software development win/web

mboy
    Free Member

Bad luck grahamh

I'm re-visiting at the moment, just got made redundant for the 2nd time in less than 12 months on Monday!

freddyg
    Free Member

<<raises hand>>

Can you keep a seat for me? I'll be along just after lunch tomorrow 🙁

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I might be joining you too, shortly 😥

sheldona
    Free Member

🙁 On the bright side, you've time to sort out a cracker of a HONC route for next year G 😉

takisawa2

My Wife's company (regional newspaper group) called a meeting a few months ago, & everyone was given a letter with their redundancy figure. They then announced that the 9 roles on her team were being reduced to 6, & unless they re-applied for their roles they would automatically be made redundant. The deadline was yesterday.
    And how many re-applied for their jobs…

None. 🙂

Cue frantically back-pedalling etc.
    Wife's just called. She's in re-negotiating what her role would be, & telling them what hours she is prepared to work if she stays.

br
    Free Member

A few years ago a friends company did the same, she wanted redundancy, so asked me what to do – I said don't apply – but I was told I had to she said – well, says I, whats the worse that could happen!

So she didn't, and got her redundancy.

Sandwich

As a long standing member, it will be 12 months on 17 November, welcome to the new members and the returnees.

mrmo
    Free Member

i should be getting given formal notice in the next few weeks, from the time i was told i was being made redundant to when i am, it will have been 13 months. I don't know which is better to be called in and told don't come to work tomorrow or to be expected to work for over a year knowing that whatever you do doesn't matter.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘STW Jobless club’ is closed to new replies.