Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Stw Jobless – Can i join?
  • lyons
    Free Member

Ive just been told by my boss he wants a meeting on friday afternoon. Work has been non existent recently. I'm probably his least profitable worker, due to living furthest away, and to be honest have had no drive recently… Putting it all together i fully expect to be made redundant.

Bad points – no money, and no money

Good points – I hate my job, but couldnt justify walking out, knowing i'd have to take a pay cut at the moment.. This will solve that problem.

It will be the 2nd time this year.

jedi

hope you still have a job lyon, i realy do. it nearly broke me mentally the past year 🙁

now i'm loving every moment working for myself

pinches
    Free Member

i graduated in July and can't get a job regardless of what i apply for, weather its relevant to my degree or working in tesco 🙁

grahamh
    Free Member

pinches, know how you feel.
    when I gaduated with a degree in IT, I applied for a job as a data entry clerk. I reply I got a letter that explained that I "didn't have the right qualifications"…WTF.

pinches
    Free Member

its not quite that, i have been told i am "over qualified and under experienced" for alot of the "normal" jobs available, even over christmas (on boots for example)

would quite like a design job in any field in london please 🙁

samuri
    Free Member

do a fight club.

(if you've not seen it, the narrator beats himself up in his bosses office and then pretends his boss did it just in time for security to arrive and survey the bloody scene. His boss then agrees to pay him to 'work from home' for doing absolutely nothing. He then gets on with masterminding a complex anti-establishment program)

lyons
    Free Member

Well, i've been making some calls today, etc and i may end up working for myself now. It looks like i would have enough work to keep me going for a month or so straight away. It's quite a scary prospect, but i think it is the only way to go really.

So if anyone needs any electrical work doing let me know… 😀

zaskar
    Free Member

Ask your boss what the meeting is for first-could be nothing or pay cut.

Hope it gets better for you.

We should start a self employed thread if mods don't mind.

lyons
    Free Member

Yeah, maybe i am jumping the gun, but even if he does suggest one of those things, i think it may be time to move on. H has been hinting as well, saying things like ' if we dont start getting more work i may not be able to coninue employing 4 technicians, so make sure you keep pushing those sales'.

I'll know this time tomorrow.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

27 ,Masters degree, management experience; have just applied for a job for £12,000 a year. Sigh!!!!

Trimix
    Free Member

Dont turn up. Go and see your doctor claiming stress and get signed off for months. While off sick and getting paid, start your own company.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Stw Jobless – Can i join?’ is closed to new replies.