Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • STW Group Ride 26th/27th September Kirroughtree/ Dalbeattie/ Mabie
  • ijs445ra
    Free Member

Even with poor YouTube quality there is no denying that full length lycra is on display, and more than one pair. . . shocking.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well I'll let you off as it was 1999 yeah? But that haircut – surely that was straight out of 1989? Like Liam from the Prodigy in the early days?

Some good clips there though I have to say. Quite enjoyed it otherwise.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Probably pre 1999. Roughly the time i started riding with radoggair.

Couple of other mainly from GlenT and Inners

May bring the camera and try and get an STW film put together

Note: i am ugly and rubbish on a bike so hide behind the camera

simonralli2
    Free Member

Yeah – deffo bring your camera! We can then flim Forge and Radoggair doing their mega moves down the various chutes etc and record the numerous masterclasses so the rest of the world population of STW can look and learn too.

Trekster

10th to 17th is Oct. I think! Sat to Sat, you about?

Good dates them, off most of that week, working both Saturdays

kennyp
    Free Member

By co-incidence a few of us are down at Kirroughtree the last weekend in September. Staying at some nearby forest lodges I think. Would be good to hook up and put some faces to names.

sheldona
    Free Member

I'll give you a shout then mate! Fancy doing some natural stuff?

Ps sorry for the hijack 😉

forge197
    Free Member

Ayatollahofniche – I am about on the Saturdays if you riding be good to meet some more STW'rs

Simon – think your over selling my abilities just a touch. 🙂

simonralli2
    Free Member

Heh – only joking of course. Mind you have you seen that video of radoggair? He's crashing all over the shop, although I have to say he does do one heck of a jump.

I think we are only now missing someone with home-baked cake. Where's that Rockedog and is he free??

Oh and kennyp – yeah – obviously no one is forcing you to join our ride if you want to do your thing with your little group but yeah say hi to us if you are the same Stanes as us those days!

kennyp
    Free Member

I'll check with the others Simon, but it would be good to meet up for at least part of the ride. Always curious to see who the real life folk on here actually are. Is it a 10.00 start (or at least "10.00" in mountain bike terms ie not allowing for faffing and hangovers)?

forge197
    Free Member

If you want cake maybe pick some up enroute at the Old School Team Room there Chocolate and Cherry Oat Cake is lovely.

radoggair
    Free Member

Hey – i only crashed twice, maybe three times. It was 1999 and we were pushing some boundaries out there. They were good times and someone always crashed as soon as a camera came out. It was expected. The hair though… oh the hair. I'm sure it was stylish sometime. I'm like a fine wine, get better with age 🙄

simonralli2
    Free Member

Kenny – I was thinking for the Saturday 10am meet for an 11am start of ride. I thought that that would enable people who maybe live an hour or so away time to get there on Saturday. I don't think too many people will be in our group, it may be that your group is the bigger!

I think for the Sunday it would maybe be better to set off at 10am at Dalbeattie, as it may get dark by the time we get to the later stages of Mabie, but then who knows, maybe we just do Dalbeattie Sunday and end up in one of the many local awesome cake shops 😀

Radoggair – heh – maybe it feels like there were more crashes, were those repeats at the end? I am not one to talk about hair mind, but yeah, nice curtains. Was that you?

Forge – I am a student now don't forget and was thinking more along the lines of a bucket of flapjack from Morrisons, but yeah, good call on the cake shop!

fotheringtonthomas
    Free Member

Can the boys from C D join in ?

kennyp
    Free Member

Think there's about 8 or 9 of us going down, but a few of those are dark siders who will probably be up and out at 7 in the morning and already put a good 40 miles in before the mountain bikers in the group stagger out of beds reeking of whisky.

10 for an 11 start sounds fine.

radoggair
    Free Member

The hair was me

* hangs head in shame*

Trekster

fotheringtonthomas – Member

Can the boys from C D join in ?

Stewartry riders welcome, we are in your parish/shire so be rude not to have you along

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Anyone driving up the M1 past the Derby/Sheffield area?

simonralli2
    Free Member

Fotheringtonthomas

Hi – yep – great to have you along. I'm quite glad I organised this now as I am fining out there are maybe a few more local riders than originally thought.

I will post up a Roll Call thread a week before the rides, but wanted to post this now to give people enough advanced notice.

Trekster

spoon…no I`m already here but will be down Sheffield first weekend Oct riding from 18bikes on the Sat(2ndor3rd)if you are around?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

no, i'm down in Reading, but my parents live up that way and the mountainbike is in their spare room.

Militant_biker

I might bimble on over from Edinburgh for one of these days. I've not ridden Dalbeatie for a good wee while.

Trekster

see Simons other thread

simonralli2
    Free Member

Yep this is the latest

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/we-need-to-discuss-stw-forum-ride-dalbeattie-and-maybe-mabie-27th-september

I think we'll drop the Mabie bit in order to be able take our time, pictures and have lots of fun and cake at Dalbeattie!

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘STW Group Ride 26th/27th September Kirroughtree/ Dalbeattie/ Mabie’ is closed to new replies.