Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • STW Good Pub Guide Challenge – Good lunch between Hemel Hempstead and Heathrow?
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Right then, here’s your challenge! Am after a cracking pub for a spot of lunch somewhere en route between Hemel Hempstead and Heathrow.

It’s an area of the country I don’t really know very well, so would really appreciate any recommendations for a place to spend a couple of hours over a couple of pints of good beer and a nice meal! Country pub preferred, and a nice garden ideal, weather permitting.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

At the Hemel Hempstead end, I like The 3 Horseshoes as my uncle used to live next door.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Why not sit and relax with a refreshing pint in the comfortable surroundings of one the very competitively priced bars in Heathrow Yafut itself? Stress-free! 😀

toby1

Comedy name
    Sensible name
    Next village along:
    The Boot

It’s been a while as I haven’t lived round thopse parts for a few years, but any of them could keep you amused for a while!

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Near Hemel try the Alford arms in frithsden, very good nosh (Hemel born and bred for my sins)

mefty
    Free Member

You could try the White Horse in Hedgerley, beer tapped from the cask, basic but good food, just South of Beaconsfield junction of M40 so a short detour from the M25.

theotherjonv

The Bedford Arms at Chenies always used to be very nice (meaning I haven’t been for a few years)

http://www.bedfordarms.co.uk/bars_&_garden.html

IanMunro
    Free Member

Once you leave Hemel any pub will seem like bliss.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What, even Callaghans in Chrisp St? 😯

Hemel must be bad….

dosniner
    Free Member

Second the Alford arms.Many years back they brewed their own ale,a lot of in ditch interfaces on the way home back to potten end. Now a good gastro pub, but sometimes too many “suits for my taste”

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Once again the HiveMind delivers! Thank you all!

Ian, there’s one good thing in Hemel. It’s long, white and indoors….
    Will review all of these, apart from Elf’s suggestions, of course! That looks nothing like the BA Lounge…!

Alford looks very nice so far!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘STW Good Pub Guide Challenge – Good lunch between Hemel Hempstead and Heathrow?’ is closed to new replies.