Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • STW glen clova ride , Sat 2nd of may photos.
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

Shame the pics dont reveal just how steep the Whacky Races downhill was. I’m still in awe of how quickly you got down….unscathed.

enmac
    Free Member

Sorry for the plug, but the Ecurie Neeps are doing the Loch Muick – Glen Clova ride this Sunday (10th) if anyone is interested. It is one of our regular(ish)rides, although we do it from the Loch Muick side. We meet at Loch Muick car park at 10.00 am

Ecurie Neeps

duckman

I walked up and down the Kilbo path last week, you guys are legends for cycling down it.

jojoA1
    Free Member

duckman – Member
    I walked up and down the Kilbo path last week, you guys are legends for cycling down it.

[me me me mode]…. and girl :)[me me me mode]

Still glowing from the fun and effort of it all. A re-match in Aviemore would be good. I still need to tick the Carn Ban Mhor ride, anyone up for that after midge season?

duckman

Sorry Jojo, and girls, (I meant the collective group.) Did you all really get up the part that has been logged? just where it leaves the fire lodge above the old youth hostel. It was minging on the 25/26th of last month

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Jojo – I’m well up for Carn Ban mor this year.

13thfloormonk

Carn Bhan Mor one day, Inshriach the next? What a plan!

I don’t think even the mighty Greg made it up (all of) the logged section, some seriously wet steep mud in places.

[heresy] I almost wonder if the Kilbo path would have been more fun the other way round? That muddy stuff would have made a cracking descent… [/heresy]

jojoA1
    Free Member

Duckman, I know you did, It was just an excuse for attention whoring 😉

I’m not sure which bit you mean, we only rode down the Kilbo path into Glen Doll. The getting to the top of it route was somewhat circuitous involving long climbs up grassy/muddy landy tracks on the hills to the South of Glen Prosen.

TJ, yer on. 🙂 September/October time?

jojoA1
    Free Member

[heresy] I almost wonder if the Kilbo path would have been more fun the other way round? That muddy stuff would have made a cracking descent… [/heresy]

😯 😯

You sick, sick man! or is it that you want to perfect your ‘sliding on your back with bike in the air still attached to your feet’ technique…. ?

druidh
    Free Member

jojoA1 – Member

TJ, yer on. [:)] September/October time?

August 15th?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

druidh – Member

jojoA1 – Member

TJ, yer on. [:)] September/October time?

August 15th?

Hmmm

Anytime really.

jojoA1
    Free Member

10 utb that weekend Druidh. Could do it on the 15th, but had been looking at the Corriarrick (sp). Am happy to do any route for my birthday bash though.

radoggair
    Free Member

jo plugging her birthday once again, so no set of racing ralph’s this year??

*ponders to himself*……now what do you get someone who is turning 50 this year??……… i feel the wrath already

jojoA1
    Free Member

Radoggair, consider yourself Paddington Bear stared! 😡

And I take back the ‘best rider’ comment. Youze a fluke-meister 👿

radoggair
    Free Member

Just been hiding behind some lead walls, yet the old paddy bear stare still hit me. Still searching for the ‘best rider’ comment although only a handful of people saw my crash on a pathetically flattish bit of field. I laughed it off though inside i was a broken man(child or whatever).

Anyway, before you next comment make sure you change your clothes ( again, and again and again)… 🙄

jojoA1
    Free Member

It’s on Simon Ralli’s “who is the best rider?” But it’s officially no longer true. *puts on woolly huffing socks*

stuartie_c
    Free Member

[shameless plug]If you had a good weekend, feel free to sponsor me for this summer’s utter folly…[/shameless plug]

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Sorry it’s taken this long for me to post up, Spent the last week being nightshift, picking gravel out of my arm, shoulder, hip etc..!, and trying to get my legs back into some kind of semblance for last nights Troon 10k.

Some nice pics from sunday’s ride.

Gary on the Coire chash descent.

That same descent visible toward the left of this pic.

Pondering the ensuing waterbarfest!.

Stuartie_c Nailing the last part of the Capel Mounth.

Thanks a lot to Stuart for coming up with what was a cracking weekend, and everyone else for being right good company and for waiting on me hauling my fat erse up even the slightest incline!. Maybe not riding for 2 months wasn’t the best preparation for 2 big days in the hills!. Stupid pr1ck!.

Looking forward to the next one, hopefully Aviemore as I’d like to do Carn ban mor again, just not at -10 deg next time.

The only sour taste left was having to go to work on sunday night after not getting home til gone 8pm, longest nightshift ever.

Greg. (the one who was very slow uphill, and very slow downhill, not the other Greg!).

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

B0ll0cks! Pics no workin’.

Sanny
    Free Member

Great pics guys! McMoonter was waxing lyrical about it. A few of us ended up on Beinn a Bhuird and Ben Avon on the Saturday close by. The Kilbo path is on the must do list.

Cheers

Sanny

stravaiger
    Free Member

and some more pics – as if there weren’t enough!

what was the collective for a gaggle of bikes?

More here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26693195@N03/

and Greg b photos are here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17119461@N07

devs
    Free Member

Still glowing from the fun and effort of it all. A re-match in Aviemore would be good. I still need to tick the Carn Ban Mhor ride, anyone up for that after midge season?

Jojo,
    The club are gonna do CBM again in June I think. Once 10UTB is out of the way. We did it 1st weekend of oct last year and it was snowy! I would def be up for a CBM/Inshriach weekend anytime though. Still got the route AJ showed us on MM/GPS so some awesome singletrack guaranteed!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Sanny, The Kilbo path is s close to anything you’d find in Vebier in Scotland. We just need to find a loop that can include it and the Capelmount downhill.

I spoke to Sheera, he did the Falls of Avon loop, on his tod! Seems it snowed, rained and blew a gale. He met a guy a few miles the Fiandouran (sp?)Bothy wearing a shell suit, trainers and carrying a Lidl bag with a sleepng bag in it. Seems he fancied something a little different for the weekend and set off for the Bothy. When he arrived after what must be a huuuge walk, he found a bunch of folk celebrating a 40th birthday. So he slept outside. With no bivi bag. Chavs are so hardcore.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

So he slept outside. With no bivi bag. Chavs are so hardcore.

Excellent! 😀

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ll try to put my pics up again! In thw 2nd pic, you can just make out the coire chash descent.

jimmy

thinking i should have stuck around for Sunday. Looks like awwwwwwesome trails.

househusband

thinking i should have stuck around for Sunday….

Think I should’ve gone ONLY on Sunday!

Morpheus00
    Free Member

>>Nobeerinthefridge
    Nice pics. You know how to take a photo sir 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

jus thought id post that , pretty much the same place as you took the first photo greg … in november 2 years ago !

good day 😉

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘STW glen clova ride , Sat 2nd of may photos.’ is closed to new replies.