Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • STW Garmin file wizards
  • greentricky
    Free Member

So I did a cycle earlier that included climbing the same hill three times, annoyingly it wasn’t until I was starting my second climb I realised my garmin was paused and didn’t record the first effort.

I have tried editing the FiT file as a csv to copy the second effort and put in during the paused period and amended the times. Strava is now telling me however that the time data is corrupt, anyone have any ideas? Looking at it all the time data is sequential and I can’t see what it’s throwing a wobbly over.

njee20
    Free Member

Have you edited every track point? That sounds like a hideous thing to do!

greentricky
    Free Member

Well I did in excel and it didn’t take to long but yeh had to edit a reasonable number of points but apparently I didn’t do it correctly anyway. Wish I never started as its not the end of the world but the fact its not worked is now more annoying!

njee20
    Free Member

Mmm, they’re normally XMLs not CSVs, and you want something like FirstObject to edit them. Not worth the effort I say.

greentricky
    Free Member

This website:
    http://garmin.kiesewetter.nl/
    lets you convert them to csv. and back again from FiT

but agree on wishing I hadn’t started

timba
    Free Member

Have you opened the file in a text viewer (Notepad or similar) and compared the edited time data to unchanged time data?
    Some programs add their own characters for formatting purposes that Strava might object to

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Is the header data consistent? At some point do the recorded points go outside a range quoted on the Garmin (ie a start time logged somewhere)

Dibbs
    Free Member

It’s probably less effort and much quicker to go out and do the ride again. 😕

molgrips
    Free Member

I spliced some data easily enough as a tcx. Export the ride as a tcx, splice, then upload that to Strava manually, deleting the original one.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘STW Garmin file wizards’ is closed to new replies.