Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • STW Dartmoor ride today with pics
  • crispybacon
    Free Member

Today’s Dartmoor biking extravaganza got off to a poor start as the weather at the Warren House Inn was misty & bloody cold 😕 which came as a big shock to someone like me who had driven up from very sunny & warm Cornwall.

The 9 riders duly assembled only a tad behind the start time for the off – note the top jackets to keep warm

flying down Hemeldown Tor

having a rest at the top of Bowerman’s Nose

regrouping at the bridge to far

today ‘bitemebryn’ was really on it sadly closely followed by really off it 😕

the lunch stop at Hound Tor & a burger from the ‘Hound of the Basket Meals’ van – yum yum – I wonder if I could put this photo in this weeks competition for ‘birds’

it’s funny who you meet out on Dartmoor these days & we bumped into Sharki & Si

‘Bitemebryn’ through the stream crossing

Carl Phillips through the stream crossing

climbing back up Hemeldown Tor 😥

At the finish & all smiles 😀

Many Thanks to those who turned up for today’s ride it was good to meet you all & I hope you had a good time.

carlphillips
    Free Member

fantastic ride thanks les..really enjoyed it.
    I think i may be a bit tired for tomorrow at Haldon.
    Sorted my extremely creaky bike out too…yet again the bb cups have come loose?

crispybacon
    Free Member

Glad you enjoyed the route Carl & I’m stoked too 😕

I’ve got my middle ring off ready to be replaced on Tuesday.

bitemebryn
    Free Member

Cheers for a fantastic ride crispy. And as most predicted, the shower was emotional when I got home! Thanks to all who went and made me feel so welcome, appoliges again for the slight delay in getting there.

carlphillips
    Free Member

bmb, nice to met you buddy, forgot to say we are starting to ride haldon on friday nights if you are interested in joining us, mainly cheeky stuff and from around 5-6pm, my mail is in my profile if you need to get hold of me.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Love that decent from Manaton to the bridge to far… 😀

yunki
    Free Member

Looks like another good ‘un Les.. glad you all had a good day..

Love that decent from Manaton to the bridge to far.

good for the soul innit..! especially the last 50 yards

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘STW Dartmoor ride today with pics’ is closed to new replies.