• This topic has 123 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by taka.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 124 total)
  • STW Dales Ride – 28th June – Roll Call
  • lowey

Right people….

Just over a week to go so post up if your coming please.

Meet in the Market Square at Settle HERE

Meet 9.30 onwards, looking to be riding for no later than 10am.

The route is a whisker under 30 miles with quite a lot of climbing and is pretty arduous, with a steep climb straight out of Settle. It will be a full day in the saddle, probably not getting back to Settle till maybe after 5pm if its a big group. Please bear this in mind if you are thinking of joining us. There will be a pub stop for refreshments at either Litton or Arncliffe.

Route is HERE

Pace will, as ever, will be relaxed.

See you all there.

izakimak
    Free Member

i’ll be there as long as i get the steed back from merlin

DeeJay
    Free Member

I have the day booked off work – hope you have the weather booked lowey. At least, me, Steve & Jacqui wil be there – others are still dithering.

Vortexracing

Count Me and Paul as defo.

Tom, Mike and Grant Maybe, i’ll let you know next week

Jo is still a no no, she still is not right after tha fall at the Howgills ride.

(BTW you heard from her solicitor yet?) 🙂

ton

😥

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I’m torn between this and the Bog Trotter ride which coincidentally starts from Settle too 🙂

lowey

Sorry to hear about Jo, Dave… healing vibes to her.

Toss will also be missing this ride after busting himself up on Moor Lane in Grizedale last weekend.

Simon… thats some coincidence. What route are your guys taking ?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

thats some coincidence. What route are your guys taking ?

True though, it was planned on the 7th of May 🙂 Graham hasn’t said what the route is yet, but I would imagine we’ll be going more to the east – if I’m not leading I like the route to come as a surprise :o)

Vortexracing

We did Moorlane yesterday. Luckily I didn’t end up like that

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

All being well I will tag along, thank you.

I really enjoyed the ‘beginners’ ride that sfb took us on over the Howgills whilst you fumed at the roadside.

The route looks brilliant! Have negotiated a Sunday ride, usually do Saturdays, the Beast at CyB yesterday was a good warm up.

Paul

JxL
    Free Member

Il be up for a ride if John is going 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I really enjoyed the ‘beginners’ ride that sfb took us on over the Howgills

hey, I don’t think anyone claimed it was a beginner ride! I rate it as a ‘difficult’ 🙂 Also it was unkind of you to mention Dave’s absence 🙁

jo_h
    Free Member

Lol @ Chucky, they’re a bit expensive though these solicitor types!

Thanks for healing vibes Lowey, gutted I can’t make it as we’ve not been out that way much and I really enjoyed the Howgills ride.

Bruise looks sore Toss, hope your shoulder is better soon! I won’t post a photo of my knee – its a bit grim 😯

Have fun, see you hopefully at the one after…

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

hey, I don’t think anyone claimed it was a beginner ride! I rate it as a ‘difficult’ Also it was unkind of you to mention Dave’s absence

Fishing is good here 🙂 Hoping next Sunday can make up for Dave’s disappointment last time!!

Vortexracing

Hope Tom is still looking after you Jo

luke.ellis
    Free Member

yep i will be there missed the last howgils ride but loved the swaledale ride. so looking forward to another good ride.

see you all there

luke

lowey

I have just about got over the Howgills episode and looking forward to this one now.

Jo, Toss is off the bike till August earliest with that so he knows how you feel.

mrsflash
    Free Member

I am planning on coming. GF is also planning on coming but will probably duck out early as his back won’t stand the whole distance.

DeeJay
    Free Member

MrsF – thats great news – though not so good about GF’s back – Jacqui is definately coming so you will not be the only girl this time.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Cool 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

My favourite part of Gisburn is Cocklick End :o) [even if it has been Spoonerised]

lowey

My favourite part of Gisburn is Cocklick End :o) [even if it has been Spoonerised]

I have no idea what your talking about here Simon. No idea at all. ❓

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

No idea at all.

all very prim and proper in the Lowey household – lights out and nightclothes discreetly parted only 🙁

Horse
    Free Member

lowey, can’t make it unfortunately as I’ve got my daughter till 3pm, have a good one, forecast looks brill,

H

Horse
    Free Member

PS, Route looks good, I do a similar ride quite often but I go on up to Foxup and round the top of PyG, bitch of a grassy climb but worth it for the Singletrack and the blast down to Horton,

H

lowey

Horse, you mean up past Hull Pot and then down Horton Scar Lane ?

If not any chance of pointing it at me with Streetmap ?

Shame you cant make it. Would have been nice to meet you.

Horse
    Free Member

When you get to Litton you continue north on the road to Halton Gill and 1km on you get to Foxup, from there you join the BW which loops around the north of Plover Hill and Pen-y-ghent and then to Hull Pot and down to Horton (yes, on Horton Scar Lane). It’s a bit of a longer drag on the road in Littondale but it’s worth it. It’s worth doing it when it’s warm and dry as in the winter the BW is a pig to ride.

Junkyard
    Free Member

YES YES YES
    Will bring cakes as usuual any particular choices people?
    erm space ones not allowed as I dont understand the reference 😉

lowey

I thought you meant that way. I have only done that going up Horton Scar Lane and down to Foxup… the moor was a pig to ride your right.

See how the land lies when we get to Litton. Cheers for the tip H.

Horse
    Free Member

If you do this route the climb out of Foxup is all rideable, just! At grid 855 763 there’s gate, go thorugh the gate and follow the BW sign up the muddy hill (short carry) to then continue contouring west. There is a path straight on but there’s still a carry at the end and the first option gives some nice singletrack.

yoshimi

I want to but I’m out at a party on saturday night and that route looks pretty tough 🙁 It’ll all depend on whether its a good night or not and how long we stay……will say no for now but m,ikght be giving you a call on Sunday morning – wouldn’t want to say yes, then drop out and have my sexuality brought into question 😳

mrsflash
    Free Member

yoshimi GF will be taking a girly wusses shortcut, so you can always take the easy option home with him 😉

lowey

Whats Rich done to himself Mrs. F ?

Danny,

Your sexuality will be in question either way mate, so its probably best if your there to defend yourself. 😀

mrsflash
    Free Member

He has an as yet unidentified back / chest issue which is giving him pretty horrible chest spasms and shoulder pain. He’s had an inconclusive mri scan (thanks bupa) and is currently seeing an osteopath (who thinks she might have worked out what it is so fingers crossed). He varies quite a lot from day to day so we’re not really sure how much he’ll be able to ride (if at all) but we know the area well enough for him to be able to make his way home on his own if need be. I am under instructions to do the whole route and damn well enjoy it 😉

lowey

ohh .. sounds nasty that. Hope to see him on Sunday then.

D0NK

Me and Mark will be there.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

lets not speculate what GF might have been doing to get a bad back :o)

Vortexracing

surely your not speculating on a ‘Batman outfit and bedroom wardrobe’ are you Simon?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

surely your not speculating on a ‘Batman outfit and bedroom wardrobe’ are you Simon?

my thoughts were far more simplistically carnal :o)

mrsflash
    Free Member

can we refrain from discussing my sex life on here please? 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘STW Dales Ride – 28th June – Roll Call’ is closed to new replies.